[Fwd: Important Notice About Your Yahoo! Mail Plus Account]

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      This is for real, please read!

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Important Notice About Your Yahoo! Mail Plus Account
      Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 05:10:26 -0000
      From: Yahoo! Mail <mail@...>
      To: sasafrass452@...

      Dear Yahoo! Mail Plus user,

      We have important news for Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers who are
      currently using our "POP" feature to send messages via external
      email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express,
      Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc. (also called "SMTP access"). If you are
      accessing your Yahoo! Mail Plus exclusively through our Web
      interface, this message does not apply to you.

      Recently, we saw an unexpected increase in traffic through the
      servers dedicated to sending Yahoo! Mail Plus POP/SMTP messages. As a
      result, some users have experienced varying delays in the delivery of
      Yahoo! Mail messages sent via external email clients. We understand
      that this has been frustrating, and sincerely apologize for the
      inconvenience.

      *What Has Changed?*

      We have recently installed new servers to improve the performance of
      Yahoo! Mail Plus SMTP access. We have spent the last several days
      upgrading our hardware and restructuring the allocation of bandwidth
      for these servers. We are confident these changes will resolve the
      recent problems and increase our system's reliability.

      Because of these improvements, the settings for your outgoing mail
      server (SMTP) should change.

      *What Do I Need to Do?*

      To ensure that your email client is properly configured to access the
      new outgoing mail servers (SMTP), please follow these brief steps:

      1. Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail Plus account
      2. Go to "Mail Options" --> "POP access" --> "View POP settings"
      3. Review the updated settings in "POP Access Settings"
      4. If needed, set your email client to the new server:
      plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

      Or follow these detailed instructions to update your Mail Plus SMTP
      settings:
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/mailplus/pop/pop-35.html
      <http://yahoo-email.com/a/hBHyOGzBPQv4VB0on4KB03fbGPb/pop>

      Please check the Yahoo! Mail Blog
      <http://yahoo-email.com/a/hBHyOGzBPQv4VB0on4KB03fbGPb/blog> for frequent
      updates on
      this and many other Yahoo! Mail topics.

      We deeply value and appreciate your continued business.

      Thank you,

      John Kremer
      Vice President, Yahoo! Mail

      use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in
      HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy.
      Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

      Go to web beacons:
      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/beacons/details.html
      <http://yahoo-email.com/a/hBHyOGzBPQv4VB0on4KB03fbGPb/beacons>

      Go to Privacy Policy: