Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo Beta Ajax Interface

  • Liz Yumrutepe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
      When I started reading this thread what came to my mind was a fine bottle of wine... it needs to breathe after opened
      Think of going into a store for some wine (going to the Internet searching for an email account)
      You see rows upon rows of bottles (lots of free email providers)
      Some like reds (pop3) some like whites (basic) some prefer champagne (Imap)
      Some like to try different kinds (beta testers)
      Some people like the same kind all the time (fear of change)
      All people have different pallets for various reasons (different needs for their email accounts)
      There can never be one type of grape and one type of wine (one email provider)
      What there can be is a vineyard (yahoo) that produces different kinds of flavors (various addresses,various email accounts,paid,free,intl, .com,@your name,...etc)

      And in order to enjoy a good wine after it breathes is to "sip" it not gulp it like wine out of a box (Microsoft)!!!

      Microsoft is notorious for rolling out quicker than the fixes can be applied so if we all learn a bit of patience (like we all had prior to the Internet) than in time we will all become a happier world of techies. And also lets keep in mind that google and yahoo merged last year

      http://www.kaplan.edu
      " Knowledge is the key to life "