Re: [Y-Mail] Microsoft Won't Take No For Anaswer To Take Over Yahoo!

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 1, 2008
      It would also mean no more free Yahoo groups. That
      would be a shame for people like me: I post
      extensively on neighborhood listservs, because I do
      lost and found for my county animal shelter. I would
      be very unhappy if the hundreds of groups I use were
      to shut down because they didn't want to pay for
      service.

      I wouldn't even know where to go for a replacement. :(

      Robin

      --- Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:

      > If they "shut down the non-profit making arms of
      > Yahoo", that would mean
      > no free Yahoo Mail.

      Robin Siegel
      Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
      Volunteer, Montgomery County Humane Society: http://www.mchumane.org
      At the shelter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/sets/72157594579349103/
    • Sasafrass
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 5, 2008
        I suppose if you consider the possible effect this deal would have on Yahoo Mail, then yes, it's relevant.... otherwise, it's fairly off-topic.

        Don Ethridge wrote:
        How are these topics not relevant to a web based email program?  This should be considered very much on topic.

        Don

        From: "S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu" <bienvenunet@ yahoo.com>

        From: Mark <mljameson@yahoo. com>
        I'll leave your MS rants unchallenged; given the rather juvenille use
        of the $ sign in each of your recent posts, I doubt you would engage
        in a rational or reasonable deabte.
        I agree. As much as I am not a fan of Microsoft, I'm not going to give much credibility to the arguments made by those people who can't use punctuation properly or let it show their biases.

        -- Jay Bienvenu
        Sass volunteers her time as a moderator to help all of us in this group.  This comment is a FLAME.does NOTHING to address any issue, and is uncalled for especially towards someone like Sass.

        I for one do not appreciate it.  Please don't bother responding as any future emails from you, Jay, will see the SPAM folder!

        L8!

        Nancy J
        Ordinaryfoolisnj@ yahoo.com
        "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
        lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
        www.cindyalexander. com