RE: [Y-Mail] Exporting text from emails

  • Steve Wechsler
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 10:47 AM
      If you have Mail Plus:

      Move all the messages you want to keep in Yahoo to a folder other than inbox
      Move the messages you want to download to the Inbox
      Use a pop3 client (Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, etc) to
      download the messages
      Move the other messages back to the inbox

      If you're still using the classic interface, you could also try the archive
      function; I believe it lets you archive only a particular folder. Not sure
      if that many messages would be too much for it, but you could do it in
      smaller batches if necessary.

      If you don't have Mail Plus, check out Ypops:

      http://ypopsemail.com

      I'm trying it now, so I can't say how well it works...

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 2:45 PM
        Ypops works well; it is somewhat slow compared to regular POP3, but it's not
        terrible.

        You could move all the messages you want to download into a new folder, then
        use Ypops to download everything in that folder.

        Probably have to let it run overnight to finish...

        Steve