Re: [Y-Mail] Microsoft Won't Take No For Anaswer To Take Over Yahoo!

  • Stephen W. Browning
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 1, 2008
      If microsoft buys Yahoo won't they be in trouble with the federal government again in regard to monoplies?

      Stephen

      On Feb 1, 2008 12:31 PM, Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:

      If they "shut down the non-profit making arms of Yahoo", that would mean no free Yahoo Mail. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.... But as I mentioned before, I'm NOT helping to line micro$oft's greedy pockets. If they buy Yahoo, I would be doing just that if I stay & keep my Yahoo Mail Plus membership. Whether they leave the email service alone or not, they'd still get a piece of the pie.... but not from me!!

      G Pollara wrote:
      As said previously, it depends on what they do with Yahoo properties. If they leave the branding and the applications (e.g. flickr, delicious, Y Mail) seperate, then no reason to leave. For example, You Tube is not massively different since Google purchased it. In fact you'd hardly know it's a google company. The one thing there isn't is a rush. If anything happens it will take many months (meanwhile google races on ahead...). My feeling is that Microsoft will just shut down the non-profit making arms of yahoo and carry on supporting the rest. There's just way too many Y mail and hotmail users to suddenly merge them all into one, for example. The real merger will come in the advertising side of things, which might just be more efficient.

      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 5, 2008
        I suppose if you consider the possible effect this deal would have on Yahoo Mail, then yes, it's relevant.... otherwise, it's fairly off-topic.

        Don Ethridge wrote:
        How are these topics not relevant to a web based email program?  This should be considered very much on topic.

        Don

        From: "S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu" <bienvenunet@ yahoo.com>

        From: Mark <mljameson@yahoo. com>
        I'll leave your MS rants unchallenged; given the rather juvenille use
        of the $ sign in each of your recent posts, I doubt you would engage
        in a rational or reasonable deabte.
        I agree. As much as I am not a fan of Microsoft, I'm not going to give much credibility to the arguments made by those people who can't use punctuation properly or let it show their biases.

        -- Jay Bienvenu
        Sass volunteers her time as a moderator to help all of us in this group.  This comment is a FLAME.does NOTHING to address any issue, and is uncalled for especially towards someone like Sass.

        I for one do not appreciate it.  Please don't bother responding as any future emails from you, Jay, will see the SPAM folder!

        L8!

        Nancy J
        Ordinaryfoolisnj@ yahoo.com
        "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
        lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
        www.cindyalexander. com