Amazing... Love to see this in Stand-alone form!

  • (Sorry, no names!)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      I think this is an awesome update to Yahoo Mail, and pushing the
      envelope past what the other free services can provide. Personally, I
      think this would be excellent if made into a desktop program. This
      looks like the first step towards such a thing, especially if Drafts,
      Rich Edit, and Contact List to be handled on a local PC, saving
      resources for the online portions of Yahoo...

      I've seen some arguments that the current version of Yahoo Mail handles
      these things just like the Beta does, with more "HTML" Friendly methods
      and less "intuitive" ones. I can see that as a point of contention,
      yet I think that improvement in any manner can only benefit Yahoo: the
      competition will have to make similar steps, just like the 1.0 GB E-
      Mail race that Google started. Yahoo matched that stride, and if Yahoo
      makes a quality interface, others will have to improve their services,
      which kickstarts innovation elsewhere. This is a good thing in my eyes.