Exporting text from emails

  • Kim Peichel
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      I have about 1400 emails that I would like to get into a text document. I cannot lose this
      information and would like to print it out.

      Does anyone know a quick way (not cut and paste) to do this for a large number of emails?

      Thanks, in advance!
    • Steve Wechsler
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        If you have Mail Plus:

        Move all the messages you want to keep in Yahoo to a folder other than inbox
        Move the messages you want to download to the Inbox
        Use a pop3 client (Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, etc) to
        download the messages
        Move the other messages back to the inbox

        If you're still using the classic interface, you could also try the archive
        function; I believe it lets you archive only a particular folder. Not sure
        if that many messages would be too much for it, but you could do it in
        smaller batches if necessary.

        If you don't have Mail Plus, check out Ypops:

        http://ypopsemail.com

        I'm trying it now, so I can't say how well it works...

        I have about 1400 emails that I would like to get into a text document. I
        cannot lose this
        information and would like to print it out.

        Does anyone know a quick way (not cut and paste) to do this for a large
        number of emails?

        Thanks, in advance!

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Steve Wechsler
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          Ypops works well; it is somewhat slow compared to regular POP3, but it's not
          terrible.

          You could move all the messages you want to download into a new folder, then
          use Ypops to download everything in that folder.

          Probably have to let it run overnight to finish...

          Steve