Re: Yahoo plus removes all 'graphical' adverts

  • fiction_scribe
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2008
      No Text adverts either in Mail+

      When you open a new message to send in "new" Mail you see the default
      signature already there (that doesn't happen in "classic" mail if I
      recall correctly). If you don't want that signature on a message then
      you can highlight the signature text and delete it or you can just
      edit it.

      I don't have time, but maybe someone with Y!M+ who does, can post some
      screenshots (Inbox/New Message/Read Message) of advert free Y!Mail Plus.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...> wrote:

      > In Classic, if you don't want to add the signature to
      > every email, you can choose to have a check box called
      > USE MY SIGNATURE at the bottom of the COMPOSE screen.
      > You can't do that with New Yahoo. It's all or nothing,
      > or you have to go to options every time you want to
      > change your choice.
      >
      > Robin
      >
      > --- Tommy <tem3790@...> wrote:
      >
      > > The signature option is still present in new yahoo
      > > plus. In fact,
      > > when I compose a new mail message the signature
      > > comes up when I open
      > > the new mail message.
      > >
      > > Tommy
      > >
      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel
      > > <pennyroyalnorwich@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > That's a bit better than Classic Mail Plus
      > > (there's an ad on the
      > > screen you get after replying or forwarding an
      > > email), but I still
      > > prefer Classic for the signature option.
      > > >
      > > > Robin

    • Robin Siegel
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2008
        You're right! That must be a fix since new Yahoo was in Beta. I remember grousing about it last year. Yahoo for listening ears! Thanks, Tommy.

        Robin

        Not necessarily. ..you could delete the signature in new yahoo mail if
        you do not want to use it. I know that is not the same as the
        classic mail option, but it is available to you.

        Tommy

        wrote:

        > In Classic, if you don't want to add the signature to
        > every email, you can choose to have a check box called
        > USE MY SIGNATURE at the bottom of the COMPOSE screen.
        > You can't do that with New Yahoo. It's all or nothing,
        > or you have to go to options every time you want to
        > change your choice.
        >
        > Robin
        >
        > --- Tommy <tem3790@... > wrote:
        >
        > > The signature option is still present in new yahoo
        > > plus. In fact,
        > > when I compose a new mail message the signature
        > > comes up when I open
        > > the new mail message.
        > >
        > > Tommy
        > >
        > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Robin Siegel
        > > <pennyroyalnorwich@ >
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > That's a bit better than Classic Mail Plus
        > > (there's an ad on the
        > > screen you get after replying or forwarding an
        > > email), but I still
        > > prefer Classic for the signature option.
        > > >
        > > > Robin

      • philmontero
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 29, 2008
          What surprises me most about the signature function in Yahoo Mail Plus
          is that it appears on every message (even those you reply to or
          forward). I checked the options several times expecting to see a
          signature option like that in most email programs where you could say
          "only put my signature on new messages not replies or forwards" but no
          such options exists. This would be a very useful option to add if
          anyone from yahoo is reading this!

          Phil