Desktop e-Mail Client

  • mannar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
      I want to use other email programs, such as Netscape, Eudora, or
      Outlook, to send and read my Yahoo! Mail..is there a way??
      Go buy a mail PLUS account..
      was it all u thought...u can get it 4 free aswell...

      Well i recently discovered tht every one can use it....but there small
      litigation which i guess no one(free users) wud mind..jus be a member of
      yahoo!delivers..
      for more info
      http://help.yahoo.com/help/au/mail/read/read-08.html

      after all ull be getting 4-5 mails from yahoo per week..and in
      return POP3 access...
      For all those who know this plz excuse me
      thnX
      Mannar
    • Diane Stark
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
        I agree that slow is an issue but am suspecting that because we are in Beta it's not on a speedy server. I am on high speed and still have to wait a significant time (up to 30 seconds when switching from one file folder to another).

        I love, love, love the new search feature. It makes it so much easier. I like the new look and the preview pane as well but miss features like being able to determine the size of the email as well as the photo add and briefcase. I'm guessing Yahoo will integrate those features along with the Options when they have a more complete product.

        One bug that is reported to me is that if I embed an image in the body of an email that I am sending, the receiver sees the dereaded red x. A note sent back to me with a red x views perfectly for me - maybe this goes on the bug list.

        Kudos to Yahoo for working to better our environment. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

      • ~ frisky Susie ~
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
          In your post you mentioned the viewing pane and that reminded me of the information in these two links regarding the current virus threat being discussed.

          http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/01/04/1136050482963.html

          http://www.helenair.com/articles/2006/01/03/national/02n20060103130.txt

          ~ *frisky *Susie ~
          http://360.yahoo.com/insatiably_frisky
          AlwaysForGood 24/ 7 /360 --Amen!

[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

        • Diane Stark
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
            Good point! Hopefully the patch will take care of it.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
              I don't think it works that way anymore, since they started offering
              the plus account option. In fact, I seem to recall trying it some time
              ago & it didn't work. Besides, if it was that easy to get free pop3
              access, nobody would pay. Unless they allowed pop3 access for members
              who were already signed up for Yahoo Delivers BEFORE they started
              charging for it....

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mannar" <mannar_kns@y...> wrote:

              > I want to use other email programs, such as Netscape, Eudora, or
              > Outlook, to send and read my Yahoo! Mail..is there a way??
              > Go buy a mail PLUS account..
              > was it all u thought...u can get it 4 free aswell...
              >
              > Well i recently discovered tht every one can use it....but there small
              > litigation which i guess no one(free users) wud mind..jus be a
              member of
              > yahoo!delivers..
              > for more info
              > http://help.yahoo.com/help/au/mail/read/read-08.html
              >
              > after all ull be getting 4-5 mails from yahoo per week..and in
              > return POP3 access...
              > For all those who know this plz excuse me
              > thnX
              > Mannar

            • suzy1270
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
                Thanks for the input I was not even thinking about the servers being
                slower on a Beta Version.
                Suzanne
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Diane Stark <dianestark@y...> wrote:

                > I agree that slow is an issue but am suspecting that because we are
                in Beta it's not on a speedy server. I am on high speed and still
                have to wait a significant time (up to 30 seconds when switching from
                one file folder to another).

                > I love, love, love the new search feature. It makes it so much
                easier. I like the new look and the preview pane as well but miss
                features like being able to determine the size of the email as well
                as the photo add and briefcase. I'm guessing Yahoo will integrate
                those features along with the Options when they have a more complete
                product.

                > One bug that is reported to me is that if I embed an image in the
                body of an email that I am sending, the receiver sees the dereaded
                red x. A note sent back to me with a red x views perfectly for me -
                maybe this goes on the bug list.

                > Kudos to Yahoo for working to better our environment. Can't wait
                to see what they come up with next.

              • Steve Mathisen
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
                  The Plus pop-3 feature does work quite well. I have been using it
                  for about three years. The only downside is that reporting spam
                  doesn't work once you have mail imported into your mail reader (I
                  use Outlook).

                  Steve

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sasafrass452" <sasafrass452@y...>