Re: [Y-Mail] ALERT? -- Disturbing SPAM

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
      If you're calling me a spammer, I expect an apology! I NEVER send spam. Period. If you're referring to this group in general, the messages are NOT spam. If you consider the group messages as spam, meaning you no longer want to receive them, then just unsubscribe from the group.

      titas hello wrote:
      lol that is funny cuzz i recieve spam from you everyday

      Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:
      That actually sounds like a worm! You should scan your computer right away!

      Michael Taylor-Judd wrote:
      I just received a rather disturbing piece of SPAM e-Bay mail at my work address. And the only reason I received it is because my Work address is listed in my Yahoo Address Book for easy forwarding of relevant e-mails from my personal account.

      It appears to be from wholesalewell. com and looks like a typical "Check out this eBay item" message.

      HOWEVER, not only has it spoofed my Yahoo e-mail address, but it has been sent to EVERYONE in my Yahoo Address Book!!!

      Anyone else noticed or heard of anything similar? I'm a little disturbed that someone has been able to hack into my Yahoo account like that...

      --Michael

    • Ryan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
        Michael,

        I think sassafrass is probably right. Sounds like your machine has
        been hit with a worm and you were lucky enough to have one of your
        other addresses in your impacted address book (lucky in that it has
        given you a heads up to the problem).

        RyanK
        Community Manager
        Yahoo! Mail