Re: [Y-Mail] ALERT? -- Disturbing SPAM

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
      That actually sounds like a worm! You should scan your computer right away!

      Michael Taylor-Judd wrote:
      I just received a rather disturbing piece of SPAM e-Bay mail at my work address. And the only reason I received it is because my Work address is listed in my Yahoo Address Book for easy forwarding of relevant e-mails from my personal account.

      It appears to be from wholesalewell.com and looks like a typical "Check out this eBay item" message.

      HOWEVER, not only has it spoofed my Yahoo e-mail address, but it has been sent to EVERYONE in my Yahoo Address Book!!!

      Anyone else noticed or heard of anything similar? I'm a little disturbed that someone has been able to hack into my Yahoo account like that...

      --Michael
    • titas hello

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
            Michael,

            I think sassafrass is probably right. Sounds like your machine has
            been hit with a worm and you were lucky enough to have one of your
            other addresses in your impacted address book (lucky in that it has
            given you a heads up to the problem).

            RyanK
            Community Manager
            Yahoo! Mail