Re: Getting spam instant messages, but I it set to block all chats from non-cont

  • morac1974
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
      I found the problem. The block chat id settings only work if you are
      online and logged into chat. If you are offline the settings are
      bypassed.

      Here's a simple test. Log into a Yahoo Id and send another Yahoo Id a
      chat message (make sure that that Yahoo Id is not logged into chat).
      Log out of the first Yahoo Id and log into the one you sent the chat
      message to. Go to Yahoo Mail and log in and the chat message will
      show up in the "Offline Messages" tab.

      Blocking the user appears to work, but since the user names keep
      changing that wouldn't help.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Jacob Wilke <jacoboctober11@...> wrote:

      > you can block that user from sending you messages. try that and see
      what happens. i get them once and a while but not to often.

      block all chats from non-contacts