Re: Calendar events issues

  • fiction_scribe
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
      Why not just leave the year out of the date field altogether? Most
      people that I know don't really care if other people know their exact
      age, as long as they remember their birthday.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ciprian Murariu" <ciprianmp@...> wrote:

      > Ok, indeed it works if:
      > 1. delete the year (cut with ctrl+x)
      > 2. check the little box in the right of the birthday fields
      > 3. save the contact data
      > 4. edit the contact again and put the year back.
      > 5. save again.
      > I did this for all my 27 remained contacts and it worked fine, but
      > took me a few minutes...
      > I hope Yahoo guys will fix it somehow soon... because this way it's
      > just too strange.
      >
      > I also hope to have a way to check for those contacts whose
      > birthday/event haven't yet been set as reminders in Calendar.
      > Sometimes, I add a contact on YahooMessenger, or more, then once in a
      > while I update/add the reminders. The way it works now, I have to
      > check each contact one by one, which would drive anyone nuts.
      > Thank you again for the hint J!
      > All the best in 2008!
      > Ciprian M.

    • Bulent
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
        Ciprian, I totally understand and agree with you, such a boring
        problem that you have to deal with: one simple date entry becomes an
        headache that you have to double check etc... Another aspect of the
        very same problem is that, if you have a date (year) like 1960's or
        1970's contact entry is not carried over calendar, however if you
        enter it like 2007 (recent past years) it works.
        I had another strange case as well: at that one, what ever date I
        entered (with or without year, at address book section) yahoo did
        not posted that entry to the calendar, at the end I had to the
        calendar, and created this bithday reminder manually, so weird!
        Imagine people who synchronize their yahoo calendar through other
        applications (Which is my case), how it s going to work??!!!
        Overall the big picture is I am very dissappointed about birthday
        reminder entry, and having this problem I feel very uncomfortable
        using yahoo reminders at all, maybe there are other problems similar
        to this as well with calendar: so far it is an untursted application
        for me :(((

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ciprian Murariu" <ciprianmp@>
        wrote:

        > > Ok, indeed it works if:
        > > 1. delete the year (cut with ctrl+x)
        > > 2. check the little box in the right of the birthday fields
        > > 3. save the contact data
        > > 4. edit the contact again and put the year back.
        > > 5. save again.
        > > I did this for all my 27 remained contacts and it worked fine,
        but
        > > took me a few minutes...
        > > I hope Yahoo guys will fix it somehow soon... because this way
        it's
        > > just too strange.
        > >
        > > I also hope to have a way to check for those contacts whose
        > > birthday/event haven't yet been set as reminders in Calendar.
        > > Sometimes, I add a contact on YahooMessenger, or more, then once
        in a
        > > while I update/add the reminders. The way it works now, I have
        > > check each contact one by one, which would drive anyone nuts.
        > > Thank you again for the hint J!
        > > All the best in 2008!
        > > Ciprian M.

      • Ciprian Murariu
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
          In my case, I want to know the age. In romania (and I think more
          other countries), the number of the flowers you'd offer to the
          celabrated woman should/might reflect the age (exactly or by
          proportions).
          Same thing for men - when they turn a fix age, there are specific
          gifts to be bought and offered. Something similar for anniversaries
          (brass - 15, silver - 25 and gold - 50 years-old marriages...)
          Besides, I really want to know how old is each of my family members,
          and also some of my close friends.
          Of course, who don't care about that, could choose to leave that
          field empty. But I have that information stored in my phone's agenda
          anyway, so it would be a pitty to don't add it to the YC event
          reminders as well... don't you think so?

          PS: The solution is workable anyway, but what I'm waiting for is a
          fix from the Yahoo side; not to say that the last update in farm 308
          lasts since 26th of November - isn't there anything else to improve
          for 6 weeks? I really doubt it...

          All the best!
          Ciprian M.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fiction_scribe" <rosarium_pdx@...>