Re: Calendar events issues

  • Ciprian Murariu
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
      Ok, indeed it works if:
      1. delete the year (cut with ctrl+x)
      2. check the little box in the right of the birthday fields
      3. save the contact data
      4. edit the contact again and put the year back.
      5. save again.
      I did this for all my 27 remained contacts and it worked fine, but
      took me a few minutes...
      I hope Yahoo guys will fix it somehow soon... because this way it's
      just too strange.

      I also hope to have a way to check for those contacts whose
      birthday/event haven't yet been set as reminders in Calendar.
      Sometimes, I add a contact on YahooMessenger, or more, then once in a
      while I update/add the reminders. The way it works now, I have to
      check each contact one by one, which would drive anyone nuts.
      Thank you again for the hint J!
      All the best in 2008!
      Ciprian M.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ciprian Murariu" <ciprianmp@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks J, I'll try this today... but anyway... it's neat...
      > Ciprian M.
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jmchaur" <jmchaur@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I ran into this a while ago. I was told to leave the year field
      of
      > > the birthday blank and the date would go through to the
      calendar.

    • fiction_scribe
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
        Why not just leave the year out of the date field altogether? Most
        people that I know don't really care if other people know their exact
        age, as long as they remember their birthday.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ciprian Murariu" <ciprianmp@...> wrote:

        > Ok, indeed it works if:
        > 1. delete the year (cut with ctrl+x)
        > 2. check the little box in the right of the birthday fields
        > 3. save the contact data
        > 4. edit the contact again and put the year back.
        > 5. save again.
        > I did this for all my 27 remained contacts and it worked fine, but
        > took me a few minutes...
        > I hope Yahoo guys will fix it somehow soon... because this way it's
        > just too strange.
        >
        > I also hope to have a way to check for those contacts whose
        > birthday/event haven't yet been set as reminders in Calendar.
        > Sometimes, I add a contact on YahooMessenger, or more, then once in a
        > while I update/add the reminders. The way it works now, I have to
        > check each contact one by one, which would drive anyone nuts.
        > Thank you again for the hint J!
        > All the best in 2008!
        > Ciprian M.

      • Bulent
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
          Ciprian, I totally understand and agree with you, such a boring
          problem that you have to deal with: one simple date entry becomes an
          headache that you have to double check etc... Another aspect of the
          very same problem is that, if you have a date (year) like 1960's or
          1970's contact entry is not carried over calendar, however if you
          enter it like 2007 (recent past years) it works.
          I had another strange case as well: at that one, what ever date I
          entered (with or without year, at address book section) yahoo did
          not posted that entry to the calendar, at the end I had to the
          calendar, and created this bithday reminder manually, so weird!
          Imagine people who synchronize their yahoo calendar through other
          applications (Which is my case), how it s going to work??!!!
          Overall the big picture is I am very dissappointed about birthday
          reminder entry, and having this problem I feel very uncomfortable
          using yahoo reminders at all, maybe there are other problems similar
          to this as well with calendar: so far it is an untursted application
          for me :(((

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ciprian Murariu" <ciprianmp@>
          wrote:

          > > Ok, indeed it works if:
          > > 1. delete the year (cut with ctrl+x)
          > > 2. check the little box in the right of the birthday fields
          > > 3. save the contact data
          > > 4. edit the contact again and put the year back.
          > > 5. save again.
          > > I did this for all my 27 remained contacts and it worked fine,
          but
          > > took me a few minutes...
          > > I hope Yahoo guys will fix it somehow soon... because this way
          it's
          > > just too strange.
          > >
          > > I also hope to have a way to check for those contacts whose
          > > birthday/event haven't yet been set as reminders in Calendar.
          > > Sometimes, I add a contact on YahooMessenger, or more, then once
          in a
          > > while I update/add the reminders. The way it works now, I have
          > > check each contact one by one, which would drive anyone nuts.
          > > Thank you again for the hint J!
          > > All the best in 2008!
          > > Ciprian M.

        • Ciprian Murariu
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
            In my case, I want to know the age. In romania (and I think more
            other countries), the number of the flowers you'd offer to the
            celabrated woman should/might reflect the age (exactly or by
            proportions).
            Same thing for men - when they turn a fix age, there are specific
            gifts to be bought and offered. Something similar for anniversaries
            (brass - 15, silver - 25 and gold - 50 years-old marriages...)
            Besides, I really want to know how old is each of my family members,
            and also some of my close friends.
            Of course, who don't care about that, could choose to leave that
            field empty. But I have that information stored in my phone's agenda
            anyway, so it would be a pitty to don't add it to the YC event
            reminders as well... don't you think so?

            PS: The solution is workable anyway, but what I'm waiting for is a
            fix from the Yahoo side; not to say that the last update in farm 308
            lasts since 26th of November - isn't there anything else to improve
            for 6 weeks? I really doubt it...

            All the best!
            Ciprian M.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fiction_scribe" <rosarium_pdx@...>