Email links...

  • Phil Rose
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2007
      Hello all,

      Can anyone help me here? When I click on an email link it opens up a
      new email in Outlook Express. When I go to Programs under Internet
      Options in IE the only choices I have are OE or indows Live Mail. Has
      MS really made it so that it's impossible to open Yahoo Mail? Is there
      no way to do this?

      Thanks for any help you can offer.

      Phil
    • wllmer2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2007
        To make Yahoo! Mail your default email handler, download Yahoo!
        Messenger. Then Yahoo! Mail will be a choice under email programs in
        IE Options.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Rose" <pjtrose@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > Can anyone help me here? When I click on an email link it opens up a
        > new email in Outlook Express. When I go to Programs under Internet
        > Options in IE the only choices I have are OE or indows Live Mail. Has
        > MS really made it so that it's impossible to open Yahoo Mail? Is
        there
        > no way to do this?
        >
        > Thanks for any help you can offer.
        >

        > Phil

      • jmchaur
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2007
          You have to have Messenger installed to have Y!Mail show up in the
          default email list. Messenger installs the 'mailto' thingy for some
          reason...

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Rose" <pjtrose@...> wrote:

          > Hello all,
          >
          > Can anyone help me here? When I click on an email link it opens up a
          > new email in Outlook Express. When I go to Programs under Internet
          > Options in IE the only choices I have are OE or indows Live Mail. Has
          > MS really made it so that it's impossible to open Yahoo Mail? Is there
          > no way to do this?
          >
          > Thanks for any help you can offer.
          >

          > Phil

        • Kathy