Problems with Yahoo Mail the last 2 weeks.

  • qonc1
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2007
      For about the last two weeks, I have had the following problem with my
      Yahoo email:

      When I open up my yahoo page, I am notified that I have 2 or more
      messages in my email. When I open my inbox, there are no new messages
      in my inbox. It is very annoying and I have written Yahoo about
      this. They wrote me back and told me there was no problem with my
      account.

      I took screenshots and jpeg'd them and sent them to Yahoo for an
      explanation. They have not responded to me after the initial "we got
      your email and are looking into the problem" response. Anyone else
      having this annoying problem?
    • Howard White
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2007
        First, order your mail by unread. it is possible the two messages were dated as received a long time ago. This is either a spam or a messed up clock at the sender level. Then check your other folders.
        Howard

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2007
          I have experienced this issue before.
          But at last, I figured it out because I had some filters and the mail was dispatched into the folders.So maybe you should check your personal folders.

          qonc1 <qonc1@...> wrote:
          For about the last two weeks, I have had the following problem with my
          Yahoo email:

          When I open up my yahoo page, I am notified that I have 2 or more
          messages in my email. When I open my inbox, there are no new messages
          in my inbox. It is very annoying and I have written Yahoo about
          this. They wrote me back and told me there was no problem with my
          account.

          I took screenshots and jpeg'd them and sent them to Yahoo for an
          explanation. They have not responded to me after the initial "we got
          your email and are looking into the problem" response. Anyone else
          having this annoying problem?

          Best regards!

          Michael Yang  (ÑîÇì)
          Enjoy life.
          Wish you happy everyday.

        • Ann
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2007
            Thanks, H.  All folders check out okay.  Nothing is there that has not been opened.  Since this happens every day, throughout the day, it's definately on the other end somewhere.  I just wish Yahoo would respond and fix it.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2007
              Checked everything and nothing is filtered out or unopened.  Thanks for the reply.

              qonc1 <qonc1@yahoo. com> wrote:
              For about the last two weeks, I have had the following problem with my
              Yahoo email:

              When I open up my yahoo page, I am notified that I have 2 or more
              messages in my email. When I open my inbox, there are no new messages
              in my inbox. It is very annoying and I have written Yahoo about
              this. They wrote me back and told me there was no problem with my
              account.

              I took screenshots and jpeg'd them and sent them to Yahoo for an
              explanation. They have not responded to me after the initial "we got
              your email and are looking into the problem" response. Anyone else
              having this annoying problem?

              Best regards!

              ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *******
              Michael Yang  (ÑîÇì)
              Enjoy life.
              Wish you happy everyday.
              ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

            • dj_surge
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2007
                Actually, there's a more serious issue going on and it's not getting much exposure because users don't know about it, or rather, can't:  missing email. You wouldn't know something is wrong if you don't know about it - so if email never gets to your Y! box (any),  then it "never happened".

                I've been doing some research on this issue and have exchanged a few emails with very helpful Y! support. Regardless, this is whats going on (at least from what I can see):
                • Y! is deferring incoming connections - not all, just some. I am aware of the checklists about proper email, and well, good luck trying to figure out why one email from the same SMTP server is deferred, the other goes through. Both have SPF (only, no DKIM).

                • I don't know where it says that email is blocked instead of simply automatically Junked - re:  (delivered to your Junk Folder), but the point is that it seems blocking is occurring.

                • So if  someone sends you email from an unfortunate [insert whatever criteria here, server, ip, domain, etc.] then there's a chance you'll never get it - and you won't even know about it.

                While we all love cleaner In Boxes, "false positives" are, well, unacceptable. I'm in IT, and when a decision is made on things like email gateways/filters are concerned, the top concern isn't about how good it can track down UCE/SPAM/PHISH,  rather, it's how good it makes sure legitimate email goes through.

                And this isn't a "jab" at Y!, just getting real here that adds insult to injury: I just got another one of those "Vi.agra." emails in my Inbox....but that other email I'm expecting (testing actually),  is lost somewhere....

                This isn't a support request....just bringing this up. It's not "a setting" or something - it's not account related. Things are pointing to some network/gateway activity doing "something".

                Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 7, 2007
                  Thank you for this.  Your explanation seems to make the most sense to me.  If only Yahoo would get on the ball and fix this or own up to it.  It has been five days and after repeated requests, they still have not responded to this issue.  Clearly they don't care, aren't interested in fixing the problem, or have a deal with Google to send them new business.  Shoddy customer service is a poor excuse for solving this problem.  I've had more insight from all of you in this group than Yahoo is willing to give me.  Thanks again.