Re: yahoo contacts not importing my .csv data correctly

  • Tommy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2007
      Maybe I was not clear enough in my first posting...

      What I do to import my Outlook 2007 contacts to Yahoo! Mail...
      1. I export all of my outlook 2007 contacts to a windows .csv comma
      separated values.
      2. I navigate to the "import/export" option page for Yahoo! contacts
      with IE7 using IE7 Pro add on.
      3. I select the link "deleting all contacts" and erase my entire
      address yahoo! address book.
      4. I navigate back to the "import/export" option page for Yahoo!
      contacts with IE7 using IE7 Pro add on.
      5. I ensure that "outlook .csv" is the drop down menu selection to be
      imported.
      6. I import my contacts.

      The Results...
      1. Yahoo mail processes this for a good while (I have never timed
      this).
      2. More often then not I get an error message that indicates Yahoo
      Mail has had an error and I should wait 15 minutes to re-login or I can
      re-login without waiting 15 minutes.
      3. less then the 400ish contacts I have hoped to import were
      imported.

      Hopefully that is more clear than my last message. Again I use Vista
      home premium with an amd 64x2 processor.