POP and y-mail Quandry

  • Paula McCartney
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2007
      I have 2 work email addresses (mine and my boss') that I check through my personal yahoo mail interface.  They are swbell.net addresses, but I have them set up as an account in my yahoo mail.  I used to sign out and sign in to each account until I figured out I could retrieve the email within my regular Yahoo mail interface.

      The problem I'm having is I keep getting these warnings from ATT Yahoo that I'm checking my email with an email client and I don't have my SSL settings correct, and I won't be able to retrieve email if I don't change the settings.

      But if I change the POP port to what ATT tells me to do, Yahoo can't get the email from the ATT Yahoo accounts.  And in the setup there is no SSL option to check either.  On top of that, the "no longer Beta" mail still sends you back to classic in order to adjust these settings.

      Can't Yahoo recognize it's own Yahoo services?  Seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

      And how do I get ATT Yahoo to stop sending me the spam about the Yahoo mail client retrieving the ATT Yahoo email without the proper SSL port settings?

      Paula McCartney
      "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
      2 Timothy 1:7