Re: "Official" Feature Requests Thread

  • fiction_scribe
    Message 1 of 87 , Nov 3, 2007
      Please bring back the search feature that does not assume that the
      message you are looking for came long ago and not within the recent
      past. If I was not on digest and got this message individually in my
      inbox and then wanted to search for it, no matter how I searched,
      either by sender or by exact subject, I'd still only get much older
      messages that might match that criteria.

      So I hereby officially request a full comprehensive, complete, and
      exhaustive search feature, like I had back when the word beta was in
      the Y! Mail logo on Farm 835.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <ymailblog1@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I don't know if Ryan Kennedy tried this in the past, or if this type of
      > format will serve as an efficient way to consolidate and collect this
      > type of feedback...but let's give it a try. Whether it is for Classic or
      > New Mail, please feel free to provide your feature requests here.
      > Please be sure to reference if your request is for "Classic" or "New".
      >
      > Please keep in mind this is for feature requests or changes, and NOT for
      > TECH ISSUES or CUSTOMER CARE issues. I'd like to keep this as laser
      > focused as possible, so if you have an issue please raise it on another
      > thread.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ryan
      > Community Manager
      > Yahoo! Mail

    • fenwayguy
      Message 87 of 87 , Apr 30, 2008
        A couple of AddressGuard suggestions that would apply to both New and
        Classic YMail:

        So as not to put my actual email address at risk, I create a disposable
        address every time I register for a new site -- an EXTREMELY useful
        feature.

        It would be helpful if the AddressGuard page showed a) the number of
        disposable addresses currently active in my account, and b) the number
        of emails each has received, either in total or by date range.

        Also, even though the Address Notes window appears quite large, storage
        limited is only 60 characters; it would be great if that could be
        expanded.

        Thanks