Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Google: Free IMAP for everyone

  • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
      From: mailzentrale <mail@...>
      For Gmail it may be a big step as its web interface is kind of strange.
      But how would you like to use Yahoo with imap? Is there something so
      much better than the Yahoo web interface?

      Is that going to matter to the members of the media who praise Google for offering new features and chastize Yahoo for not keeping up? Is that going to matter when Google is running TV ads promoting the superiority of Gmail over Yahoo Mail? For Yahoo to do nothing to respond to this is to once again let Google look like the innovator who has taken the lead from Yahoo.

      -- Jay Bienvenu
    • Mario Sergio
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
        Yep, The Mail App on a Mac. ;)

        Mario Sergio

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "S. J. \"Jay\" Bienvenu"
        <bienvenunet@ ...> wrote:

        > http://www.download squad.com/ 2007/11/01/ google-free- imap-for- everyone/
        >
        > Yahoo better have a good response to this...
        > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
        > Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/ bienvenunet
        > bienvenunet@ ... flickr.com/photos/ bienvenunet

      • Robert Keller
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
          yep, Thunderbird, Evolution, KMail, Outlook, ......

          ------------------------------
          Robert Keller
          rlkeller@...

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
            I rather stay with Mail (Mac App).

            Mario Sergio

            yep, Thunderbird, Evolution, KMail, Outlook, ......

            ------------ --------- ---------
            Robert Keller
            rlkeller@yahoo. com

            <bienvenunet@ ...> wrote:

            > http://www.download squad.com/ 2007/11/01/ google-free- imap-for- everyone/
            >
            > Yahoo better have a good response to this...
            > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
            > Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/ bienvenunet
            > bienvenunet@ ... flickr.com/photos/ bienvenunet

          • Guillaume
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
              Yeh Apple is pretty good, especially the latest version which is
              running Gmail in it. I like the notes and to-do...you known..what
              Yahoo forgot to bring back in the new Yahoo Mail...
            • mailzentrale
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2007
                Right, there are some nice mail applications available. But I prefer
                web based mail that is available on every web browser at home / at
                work / internet cafe / friends ... without installing anything.

                If you didn't want to use Yahoo's great webmail interface, I wouldn't
                use Yahoo Mail at all.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robert Keller <rlkeller@...> wrote:

                > yep, Thunderbird, Evolution, KMail, Outlook, ......

                > Sent: Friday, November 2, 2007 3:55:45 AM
                > Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Google: Free IMAP for everyone
                >

                > Yep, The Mail App on a Mac. ;)
                >
                > Mario Sergio

                align:right;padding-right:.5em;}
                > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                > font-weight:bold;}
                > #ygrp-vital a{
                > text-decoration:none;}
                >
                > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                > text-decoration:underline;}
                >
                > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                > padding:8px 0;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                size:100%;line-height:122%;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                > text-decoration:none;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                > text-decoration:underline;}
                > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                > margin:0;}
                > o{font-size:0;}
                > .MsoNormal{
                > margin:0 0 0 0;}
                > #ygrp-text tt{
                > font-size:120%;}
                > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                > .replbq{margin:4;}
                > -->

              • Zachary Fisk
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                  mailzentrale, I look at the IMAP this way. Yahoo web interface is great, but there a lot of good desktop software out that support IMAP. Having a good client installed on my work and home PC would be great to do IMAP mail, then as I move around to other PCs I could log on to this great interface knowing that all mail is kept on Yahoo's servers and accessible. I used GoDaddy hosting for several years and they offered a decent webmail experience along with IMAP, they eventually dropped IMAP support so I just decided to start moving myself to Yahoo.

                  Z-

                  http://www.ronpaul2008.com/