Google: Free IMAP for everyone

  • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
      Yahoo better have a good response to this...
      Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
      bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet

    • Mario Sergio
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
        I love my webmail, but Imap is such a good idea.
        I might try it with my gmail account with my new mac mail.

        Mario Sergio

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
          What is so fascinating about imap?

          For Gmail it may be a big step as its web interface is kind of strange.
          But how would you like to use Yahoo with imap? Is there something so
          much better than the Yahoo web interface?

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. J. \"Jay\" Bienvenu"

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
            From: mailzentrale <mail@...>
            For Gmail it may be a big step as its web interface is kind of strange.
            But how would you like to use Yahoo with imap? Is there something so
            much better than the Yahoo web interface?

            Is that going to matter to the members of the media who praise Google for offering new features and chastize Yahoo for not keeping up? Is that going to matter when Google is running TV ads promoting the superiority of Gmail over Yahoo Mail? For Yahoo to do nothing to respond to this is to once again let Google look like the innovator who has taken the lead from Yahoo.

            -- Jay Bienvenu
          • Mario Sergio
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
              Yep, The Mail App on a Mac. ;)

              Mario Sergio

              <bienvenunet@ ...> wrote:

              > http://www.download squad.com/ 2007/11/01/ google-free- imap-for- everyone/
              >
              > Yahoo better have a good response to this...
              > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
              > Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/ bienvenunet
              > bienvenunet@ ... flickr.com/photos/ bienvenunet

            • Robert Keller
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
                yep, Thunderbird, Evolution, KMail, Outlook, ......

                ------------------------------
                Robert Keller
                rlkeller@...

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
                  I rather stay with Mail (Mac App).

                  Mario Sergio

                  yep, Thunderbird, Evolution, KMail, Outlook, ......

                  ------------ --------- ---------
                  Robert Keller
                  rlkeller@yahoo. com

                  <bienvenunet@ ...> wrote:

                  > http://www.download squad.com/ 2007/11/01/ google-free- imap-for- everyone/
                  >
                  > Yahoo better have a good response to this...
                  > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
                  > Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/ bienvenunet
                  > bienvenunet@ ... flickr.com/photos/ bienvenunet

                • Guillaume
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
                    Yeh Apple is pretty good, especially the latest version which is
                    running Gmail in it. I like the notes and to-do...you known..what
                    Yahoo forgot to bring back in the new Yahoo Mail...
                  • mailzentrale
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 3, 2007
                      Right, there are some nice mail applications available. But I prefer
                      web based mail that is available on every web browser at home / at
                      work / internet cafe / friends ... without installing anything.

                      If you didn't want to use Yahoo's great webmail interface, I wouldn't
                      use Yahoo Mail at all.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robert Keller <rlkeller@...> wrote:

                      > yep, Thunderbird, Evolution, KMail, Outlook, ......

                      > Sent: Friday, November 2, 2007 3:55:45 AM
                      > Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Google: Free IMAP for everyone
                      >

                      > Yep, The Mail App on a Mac. ;)
                      >
                      > Mario Sergio

                      align:right;padding-right:.5em;}
                      > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                      > font-weight:bold;}
                      > #ygrp-vital a{
                      > text-decoration:none;}
                      >
                      > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                      > text-decoration:underline;}
                      >
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                      > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                      > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                      > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                      > padding:8px 0;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                      size:100%;line-height:122%;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                      > text-decoration:none;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                      > text-decoration:underline;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                      > margin:0;}
                      > o{font-size:0;}
                      > .MsoNormal{
                      > margin:0 0 0 0;}
                      > #ygrp-text tt{
                      > font-size:120%;}
                      > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                      > .replbq{margin:4;}
                      > -->

                    • Zachary Fisk
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                        mailzentrale, I look at the IMAP this way. Yahoo web interface is great, but there a lot of good desktop software out that support IMAP. Having a good client installed on my work and home PC would be great to do IMAP mail, then as I move around to other PCs I could log on to this great interface knowing that all mail is kept on Yahoo's servers and accessible. I used GoDaddy hosting for several years and they offered a decent webmail experience along with IMAP, they eventually dropped IMAP support so I just decided to start moving myself to Yahoo.

                        Z-

                        http://www.ronpaul2008.com/