Re: "Official" Feature Requests Thread - Beta/post-Beta

  • fiction_scribe
    Message 1 of 87 , Oct 29, 2007
      I'd like my to field to work all the time and I'd like the search
      feature to include recent messages and I'd like my color coding for
      disposable addresses back.

      I'd also like to have a way to put folders inside of my folders.

      Additionally, a way to compose "auto-reply" messages, but only have it
      reply to certain addresses, not just any one who sends me an e-mail.
      I'd hate to have everyone at Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com (or worse some
      spammer who sneaked past the filter) to get a copy of a on vacation
      auto-reply when I just want the people I do volunteer work with to
      know that I'm on vacation.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <ymailblog1@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I don't know if Ryan Kennedy tried this in the past, or if this type of
      > format will serve as an efficient way to consolidate and collect this
      > type of feedback...but let's give it a try. Whether it is for Classic or
      > New Mail, please feel free to provide your feature requests here.
      > Please be sure to reference if your request is for "Classic" or "New".
      >
      > Please keep in mind this is for feature requests or changes, and NOT for
      > TECH ISSUES or CUSTOMER CARE issues. I'd like to keep this as laser
      > focused as possible, so if you have an issue please raise it on another
      > thread.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ryan
      > Community Manager
      > Yahoo! Mail

    • fenwayguy
      Message 87 of 87 , Apr 30, 2008
        A couple of AddressGuard suggestions that would apply to both New and
        Classic YMail:

        So as not to put my actual email address at risk, I create a disposable
        address every time I register for a new site -- an EXTREMELY useful
        feature.

        It would be helpful if the AddressGuard page showed a) the number of
        disposable addresses currently active in my account, and b) the number
        of emails each has received, either in total or by date range.

        Also, even though the Address Notes window appears quite large, storage
        limited is only 60 characters; it would be great if that could be
        expanded.

        Thanks