Re: yahoo! mail beta

  • john
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, lakeflurries <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:

      > Not so... free accounts are included in the Beta testing.
      > LF
      >

      > I think only Plus members are doing the beta testing for yahoo
      >
      > What is "Windows Live Mail Beta"?

      >This is was window live mail beta is
      http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-
      9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d
    • Samuel Craft
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
        I never got an e-mail like that, and I believe I signed-up a couple weeks
        ago. Though, it did said something of the sort when I clicked next and
        submited my form and what not. Is that what you mean? Or did you actually
        get an e-mail message stating that?

        From: dylan callery <thegreentieguy@...>
        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] yahoo! mail beta
        Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:59:39 -0800 (PST)

        it was sent to every one who signed up even some of
        the people who already had the beta. it was more of a
        calming thing as you said

        --- john <johnhydejr@...> wrote:

        >How long is the wait once you get the email "Thanks
        >for your interest in the new Yahoo! Mail Beta. Your turn is coming
        >soon."? - or is this a calming down effect for us. I have "Windows Live
        >Mail beta" and would like to compare.

        Yahoo! DSL � Something to write home about.
        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

      • john
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
          It came to my gmail account here is the text:

          Your Yahoo! Mail Beta is coming soon.

          Thanks for your interest in the new Yahoo! Mail Beta. Your turn is
          coming soon.

          We know you can't wait to get your hands on the new Yahoo! Mail and
          we're just as excited about delivering it to you. Right now we're
          working around-the-clock to make sure it's everything you expect and
          more.

          So stay tuned for further word. In the meantime, there's no need to
          do anything. Your place in line is secure, and you'll get the green
          light as soon as possible.

          Thanks again,

          Yahoo! Mail Team
          ALSO People have asked me "What is Windows Live Mail Beta" see link
          below/left: http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?
          versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Craft" <sports_champ09@h...>
          wrote:

          > I never got an e-mail like that, and I believe I signed-up a
          couple weeks
          > ago. Though, it did said something of the sort when I clicked next
          and
          > submited my form and what not. Is that what you mean? Or did you
          actually
          > get an e-mail message stating that?
          >

          > From: dylan callery <thegreentieguy@y...>
          > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] yahoo! mail beta
          > Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:59:39 -0800 (PST)
          >
          > it was sent to every one who signed up even some of
          > the people who already had the beta. it was more of a
          > calming thing as you said
          >
          > --- john <johnhydejr@y...> wrote:
          >
          > >How long is the wait once you get the email "Thanks
          > >for your interest in the new Yahoo! Mail Beta. Your turn is coming
          > >soon."? - or is this a calming down effect for us. I
          have "Windows Live
          > >Mail beta" and would like to compare.

          > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          > dsl.yahoo.com

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

          Service.

          > Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
          McAfee®
          > Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?
          cid=3963

        • Sandra Butters
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
            It came to me to, What is it?

            Sandra Butters
            sandra_butters@...

            wrote:

            > I never got an e-mail like that, and I believe I signed-up a
            couple weeks
            > ago. Though, it did said something of the sort when I clicked next
            and
            > submited my form and what not. Is that what you mean? Or did you
            actually
            > get an e-mail message stating that?
            >

            > From: dylan callery <thegreentieguy@y...>
            > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] yahoo! mail beta
            > Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:59:39 -0800 (PST)
            >
            > it was sent to every one who signed up even some of
            > the people who already had the beta. it was more of a
            > calming thing as you said
            >
            > --- john <johnhydejr@y...> wrote:
            >
            > >How long is the wait once you get the email "Thanks
            > >for your interest in the new Yahoo! Mail Beta. Your turn is coming
            > >soon."? - or is this a calming down effect for us. I
            have "Windows Live
            > >Mail beta" and would like to compare.

            > Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about.
            > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            > dsl.yahoo.com

            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

            Service.

            > Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
            McAfee®
            > Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?
            cid=3963

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

          • h00ligan1
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2006
              I am not a "Plus member" and got invited anyhow to test the beta.

              I have my yahoo email account since 1998 though.

              Maybe they invited me because I am a long time member and heavily use
              my yahoo mail account.

              So long....

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 11, 2006
                I have several Yahoo! mail accounts. I got invited to the beta on one.
                I love it!, but that account is not my main, oldest or "workhorse"
                account which i think would work easier(i think)with the beta. My
                situation is how do i trade my beta account to the one that i think i
                would benefit more from? All of my accounts were put on the waiting
                list when it first came out. Do i just wait then?
              • Sasafrass
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 12, 2006
                  If you're on the waiting list, then you're all set. You just have to wait.