Slow Loading

  • suzy1270
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
      Pardon me if this has been addressed before but I did not see it in
      earlier messages. Yahoo Beta seems to load slow for me. Is anyone
      else having this problem? I run windows xp on my desktop and laptop
      with fairly new processors in my computers. Other than that I seem to
      like the beta version better than the old version.
    • Sandra Butters
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
        This is not my mail, Why am i getting others mail??

        Sandra Butters
        sandra_butters@...

        Pardon me if this has been addressed before but I did not see it in
        earlier messages. Yahoo Beta seems to load slow for me. Is anyone
        else having this problem? I run windows xp on my desktop and laptop
        with fairly new processors in my computers. Other than that I seem to
        like the beta version better than the old version.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

      • Marcin Maly
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
          Because you are a subscriber of a Yahoo Group available at www.yahoogroups.com/group/Y-Mail
          You can change your options not to receive email (visit the website above) or you can unsubscribe (read the end of the message).

          Sandra Butters <sandra_butters@...> wrote:
          This is not my mail, Why am i getting others mail??

          Sandra Butters
          sandra_butters@...

          Pardon me if this has been addressed before but I did not see it in
          earlier messages. Yahoo Beta seems to load slow for me. Is anyone
          else having this problem? I run windows xp on my desktop and laptop
          with fairly new processors in my computers. Other than that I seem to
          like the beta version better than the old version.

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Marcin Maly
          forum: www.anglista.org, blog: marcin.anglista.org

        • Liz Yumrutepe
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
            you are probably getting individual emails because that is how you chose to receive messages from this group, if you go to the group webpage than you can change your settings

            Liz

            http://www.kaplan.edu
            " Knowledge is the key to life "

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
              IMHO, compared to the very snappy start-up of the "old" Yahoo mail
              interface, yes this new beta loads very slowly.

              I actually find the "logging in" screen rather annoying.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "suzy1270" <suzy1270@y...> wrote:

              > Pardon me if this has been addressed before but I did not see it in
              > earlier messages. Yahoo Beta seems to load slow for me. Is anyone
              > else having this problem? I run windows xp on my desktop and laptop
              > with fairly new processors in my computers. Other than that I seem to
              > like the beta version better than the old version.

            • ~ frisky Susie ~
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
                More layman's questions again, (sorry) but wouldn't one's pc speed/internet connection speed, or things of that nature, apply to "loading" issues period?

                And, isn't the fact that the new format contains so much more than the old version did, that the "loading" process is effected period (beta or not)?

                I'm so grateful for this group and the information passed back and forth!

                Humbly,

                ~ *frisky *Susie ~
                http://360.yahoo.com/insatiably_frisky
                Slight not what is near though aiming at what is far.
                -- Euripides (480-406 BC) Greek Playwright

                IMHO, compared to the very snappy start-up of the "old" Yahoo mail
                interface, yes this new beta loads very slowly.

                I actually find the "logging in" screen rather annoying.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "suzy1270" <suzy1270@y...> wrote:

                > Pardon me if this has been addressed before but I did not see it in
                > earlier messages. Yahoo Beta seems to load slow for me. Is anyone
                > else having this problem? I run windows xp on my desktop and laptop
                > with fairly new processors in my computers. Other than that I seem to
                > like the beta version better than the old version.

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

              • Nancy J
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                    I have a cable isp as well & use FF on Linux, but I haven't noticed
                    any significant slowness in the beta mail. Switching between folders
                    does lag a bit, though... However, I'm a plus member & use
                    Thunderbird, so maybe I shouldn't talk :P

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Nancy J <ordinaryfoolisnj@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                  • h00ligan1
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                      I dont have any speed problems as well. As stated before I have a
                      regular (free) email account.

                      I am accessing Yahoo mail through a dedicated T1 line from work and
                      through 2Mbit DSL from home. No speed issues at all. Y-Mail is

                      I think yahoo did a terrific job so far. I especially like the
                      integrated RSS reader.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sasafrass452" <sasafrass452@y...>

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                        I have a cable isp as well & use FF on Linux, but I haven't noticed
                        any significant slowness in the beta mail. Switching between folders
                        does lag a bit, though... However, I'm a plus member & use
                        Thunderbird, so maybe I shouldn't talk :P

                        I also am a "Plus Member."

                        Now when you write that "I use Thunderbird," do you mean that you're using Pop3 to have your Yahoo mail downloaded into T-bird and read it from there?

                        I only access my Yahoo mail via online interface. Perhaps that's the difference.

                        But, as I've written, the old format is much faster for those of us who only access Yahoo email via online.

                        L8! Nancy J Ordinaryfoolisnj@... "Heroes are people who rise to the occasion and slip quietly away. Tom Brokaw http://360.yahoo.com/ordinaryfoolisnj
                      • victoriaspins
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "suzy1270" <suzy1270@y...> wrote:

                          > Pardon me if this has been addressed before but I did not see it
                          in
                          > earlier messages. Yahoo Beta seems to load slow for me. Is anyone
                          > else having this problem? I run windows xp on my desktop and laptop
                          > with fairly new processors in my computers. Other than that I seem
                          > like the beta version better than the old version.

                          I Agree and this is why I joined here. I like everything except that
                        • sasafrass452
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                            Yep, I paid for plus to have the pop3 access.