Re: [Y-Mail] contacts

  • James Estes
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
      I've seen that too but I just ignore it if I know it's already in my Contacts.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
        Hi, Me, too. How do we fix it??

        Sandra Butters
        sandra_butters@...

        I just noticed that some of my contacts on certain emails that I already had in my address book (for newsletters for example) are showing that little plus to add to book, I add them and it seems that they are duplicating themselves. Why is that? anyone know?

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

      • Christopher Booth
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
          I would close out your browser window and log back into your mail account. This fixed the problem for me.
          I just noticed that some of my contacts on certain emails that I already had in my address book (for newsletters for example) are showing that little plus to add to book, I add them and it seems that they are duplicating themselves. Why is that? anyone know?

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Rakesh R Sahay
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
            Hey,
            You can try this..clear your cache.This is explained at Yahoo beta help.

            http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/ymail/usingit/usingit-20.html

            *How do I clear the browser cache?*

            If your browser hangs or freezes frequently, it may help to clear your
            browser's cache. To do this, follow the steps below for your browser and
            version. The following browsers are discussed below:

            - Internet Explorer 5.x for Windows
            - Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows
            - Mozilla Firefox 1.x for Windows or Mac
            - Netscape 7.x for Windows
            - Mozilla 1.7 for Windows or Mac

            If you're running a browser other than those listed above, and would like
            more information on how to clear your browser's cache, please refer to your
            browser's help file.

            *Internet Explorer 5.x for Windows*

            1. Choose "Internet Options..." from IE's Tools menu.
            2. Locate the "Temporary Internet files" heading, click the "Delete
            Files" button, and choose "OK" when prompted.
            3. Locate the "History" heading, click the "Clear History" button, and
            choose "OK" when prompted.
            4. Click the OK button at the bottom of the Internet Options window.
            5. Close and re-start your browser.

            *Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows*

            1. Choose "Internet Options..." from IE's Tools menu.
            2. Click the "Delete Files" button, and select to "Delete all offline
            content".
            3. Click "OK" when prompted.
            4. In the bottom right-hand corner of the Internet Options page, click
            the "Clear History" button, and choose "OK" when prompted.
            5. Click the OK button at the bottom of the Internet Options window.
            6. Close and re-start your browser.

            *Mozilla Firefox 1.x for Windows or Mac*

            1. Choose "Tools" from Firefox's main menu.
            2. Select "Options" from the pulldown menu.
            3. Click the "Privacy" tab on the left, and click the "Clear" button
            next to *Cache*.
            4. Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
            5. Close and re-start your browser.

            *Netscape 7.x for Windows*

            1. From the Netscape toolbar, click the "Edit" menu and select
            "Preferences." The Preferences dialog box appears. The left side is a panel
            of features with adjustable options. The right side lets you make
            adjustments on the selected feature.
            2. On the left, click the plus sign next to "Advanced" and, when the
            expanded menu appears, click "Cache."
            3. Click the "Clear Memory Cache" button and wait momentarily for the
            cache to clear.
            4. Click the "Clear Disk Cache button." The wait may be a little
            longer for the disk cache to clear because it's a larger storage space.
            5. Click the "OK" button then close and restart Netscape.

            *Mozilla 1.7 for Windows or Mac*

            1. From the Mozilla toolbar, click the "Edit" menu and select
            "Preferences." The Preferences dialog box appears. The left side is a panel
            of features with adjustable options. The right side lets you make
            adjustments on the selected feature.
            2. On the left, click the plus sign next to "Navigator" and, when the
            expanded menu appears, click "History."
            3. Click the "Clear History" button and wait momentarily for the cache
            to clear.
            4. Click the "OK" button then close and restart Mozilla.

            --
            -rrs
            Call me on 9898.3131.98

          • Liz Yumrutepe
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
              Been there, do it all the time ...
              I think with the old you had an option to add a first and last name and a nickname, with Beta it just saves the email adress as is and doesn't recognize that its a duplicate. I'm not to concerned with it because hopefully it will get refined with the real deal

              http://www.kaplan.edu
              " Knowledge is the key to life "

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
                thanks, it worked

                Sandra Butters
                sandra_butters@...

                --
                -rrs
                Call me on 9898.3131.98
                See our pictures
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahay/

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

              • Kurt Norris
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 18, 2006
                  Has any one been having any problems with updating there contacts information, like Email address.

                • turner_727
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 18, 2006
                    Yeah, I have. I'll type out a contacts nick in my 'To' Box, and it won't always load up the name.

                    Haven't had it happen on this build, but on previous builds it would sometimes take the last name in my contact book and add it to the email for some reason. Build 314.30.

                    Has any one been having any problems with updating there contacts information, like Email address.

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Silk
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 20, 2011
                      Used to be if I had a email address ioj my "contacts"
                      I would just type the first letter and the name would pop
                      into the new email.. No more..? suggestions...

                    • adeomus ********
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 20, 2011
                        me too...it is still not back...day 17 now !
                        i had written to yahoo again when gordon said it had been resolved ( not the basic problem, but a patch in place)...no resolution yet.
                        adds

                        PNG Gothic Faery
                        The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

                        Used to be if I had a email address ioj my "contacts"
                        I would just type the first letter and the name would pop
                        into the new email.. No more..? suggestions...

                      • gordon_groups_pm
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 21, 2011
                          Thank you adeomus and everyone who wrote in to Customer Care. Apparently, the patch to resolve both problems (no auto suggest and the system prompting you to "add as a contact" folks that are already in your Address Book) is not working on certain (server) "farms". By contacting Customer Care (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/help_p.html), you're helping us to identify the farms in question.

                          So thank you for your help. And apologies again for the inconvenience.

                          - Gordon

                          -----
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 21, 2011
                            Hi gordon.. any iodea how long before thios problem is fixed.
                            I have 4 email addresses but only one is affected. Was a time when I was creating a new
                            email and after autocompleting the address in the "TO:" address slot I could go to the subject line and all the stuff I had ever typed there was there.. just on letter and ythe wordwoulfd pop up.. that is no longer available.. I found it very useful...Thing is I'd been scouring in my computer for this contacts only to find out it was a yahoo glitch.. how did you find this out?

                            -----

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 21, 2011
                              thank you very much, Gordon,

                              -----