contacts

  • Liz Yumrutepe
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi Group,

      Happy New Year to all!

      I just noticed that some of my contacts on certain emails that I already had in my address book (for newsletters for example) are showing that little plus to add to book, I add them and it seems that they are duplicating themselves. Why is that? anyone know?

    • Rodrigo Magalhaes
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hi, with some of my contacts too.

        Rodrigo.

        I just noticed that some of my contacts on certain emails that I already had in my address book (for newsletters for example) are showing that little plus to add to book, I add them and it seems that they are duplicating themselves. Why is that? anyone know?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • James Estes
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
          I've seen that too but I just ignore it if I know it's already in my Contacts.

          I just noticed that some of my contacts on certain emails that I already had in my address book (for newsletters for example) are showing that little plus to add to book, I add them and it seems that they are duplicating themselves. Why is that? anyone know?

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

        • Sandra Butters
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
            Hi, Me, too. How do we fix it??

            Sandra Butters
            sandra_butters@...

            I just noticed that some of my contacts on certain emails that I already had in my address book (for newsletters for example) are showing that little plus to add to book, I add them and it seems that they are duplicating themselves. Why is that? anyone know?

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

          • Christopher Booth
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
              I would close out your browser window and log back into your mail account. This fixed the problem for me.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
                Hey,
                You can try this..clear your cache.This is explained at Yahoo beta help.

                http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/ymail/usingit/usingit-20.html

                *How do I clear the browser cache?*

                If your browser hangs or freezes frequently, it may help to clear your
                browser's cache. To do this, follow the steps below for your browser and
                version. The following browsers are discussed below:

                - Internet Explorer 5.x for Windows
                - Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows
                - Mozilla Firefox 1.x for Windows or Mac
                - Netscape 7.x for Windows
                - Mozilla 1.7 for Windows or Mac

                If you're running a browser other than those listed above, and would like
                more information on how to clear your browser's cache, please refer to your
                browser's help file.

                *Internet Explorer 5.x for Windows*

                1. Choose "Internet Options..." from IE's Tools menu.
                2. Locate the "Temporary Internet files" heading, click the "Delete
                Files" button, and choose "OK" when prompted.
                3. Locate the "History" heading, click the "Clear History" button, and
                choose "OK" when prompted.
                4. Click the OK button at the bottom of the Internet Options window.
                5. Close and re-start your browser.

                *Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows*

                1. Choose "Internet Options..." from IE's Tools menu.
                2. Click the "Delete Files" button, and select to "Delete all offline
                content".
                3. Click "OK" when prompted.
                4. In the bottom right-hand corner of the Internet Options page, click
                the "Clear History" button, and choose "OK" when prompted.
                5. Click the OK button at the bottom of the Internet Options window.
                6. Close and re-start your browser.

                *Mozilla Firefox 1.x for Windows or Mac*

                1. Choose "Tools" from Firefox's main menu.
                2. Select "Options" from the pulldown menu.
                3. Click the "Privacy" tab on the left, and click the "Clear" button
                next to *Cache*.
                4. Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
                5. Close and re-start your browser.

                *Netscape 7.x for Windows*

                1. From the Netscape toolbar, click the "Edit" menu and select
                "Preferences." The Preferences dialog box appears. The left side is a panel
                of features with adjustable options. The right side lets you make
                adjustments on the selected feature.
                2. On the left, click the plus sign next to "Advanced" and, when the
                expanded menu appears, click "Cache."
                3. Click the "Clear Memory Cache" button and wait momentarily for the
                cache to clear.
                4. Click the "Clear Disk Cache button." The wait may be a little
                longer for the disk cache to clear because it's a larger storage space.
                5. Click the "OK" button then close and restart Netscape.

                *Mozilla 1.7 for Windows or Mac*

                1. From the Mozilla toolbar, click the "Edit" menu and select
                "Preferences." The Preferences dialog box appears. The left side is a panel
                of features with adjustable options. The right side lets you make
                adjustments on the selected feature.
                2. On the left, click the plus sign next to "Navigator" and, when the
                expanded menu appears, click "History."
                3. Click the "Clear History" button and wait momentarily for the cache
                to clear.
                4. Click the "OK" button then close and restart Mozilla.

                --
                -rrs
                Call me on 9898.3131.98

              • Liz Yumrutepe
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
                  Been there, do it all the time ...
                  I think with the old you had an option to add a first and last name and a nickname, with Beta it just saves the email adress as is and doesn't recognize that its a duplicate. I'm not to concerned with it because hopefully it will get refined with the real deal

                  http://www.kaplan.edu
                  " Knowledge is the key to life "

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
                    thanks, it worked

                    Sandra Butters
                    sandra_butters@...

                    --
                    -rrs
                    Call me on 9898.3131.98
                    See our pictures
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahay/

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

                  • Kurt Norris
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 18 6:20 PM
                      Has any one been having any problems with updating there contacts information, like Email address.

                    • turner_727
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 18 8:18 PM
                        Yeah, I have. I'll type out a contacts nick in my 'To' Box, and it won't always load up the name.

                        Haven't had it happen on this build, but on previous builds it would sometimes take the last name in my contact book and add it to the email for some reason. Build 314.30.

                        Has any one been having any problems with updating there contacts information, like Email address.

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Silk
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 20, 2011
                          Used to be if I had a email address ioj my "contacts"
                          I would just type the first letter and the name would pop
                          into the new email.. No more..? suggestions...

                        • adeomus ********
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 20, 2011
                            me too...it is still not back...day 17 now !
                            i had written to yahoo again when gordon said it had been resolved ( not the basic problem, but a patch in place)...no resolution yet.
                            adds

                            PNG Gothic Faery
                            The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

                            Used to be if I had a email address ioj my "contacts"
                            I would just type the first letter and the name would pop
                            into the new email.. No more..? suggestions...

                          • gordon_groups_pm
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 21, 2011
                              Thank you adeomus and everyone who wrote in to Customer Care. Apparently, the patch to resolve both problems (no auto suggest and the system prompting you to "add as a contact" folks that are already in your Address Book) is not working on certain (server) "farms". By contacting Customer Care (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/help_p.html), you're helping us to identify the farms in question.

                              So thank you for your help. And apologies again for the inconvenience.

                              - Gordon

                              -----
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 21, 2011
                                Hi gordon.. any iodea how long before thios problem is fixed.
                                I have 4 email addresses but only one is affected. Was a time when I was creating a new
                                email and after autocompleting the address in the "TO:" address slot I could go to the subject line and all the stuff I had ever typed there was there.. just on letter and ythe wordwoulfd pop up.. that is no longer available.. I found it very useful...Thing is I'd been scouring in my computer for this contacts only to find out it was a yahoo glitch.. how did you find this out?

                                -----

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 21, 2011
                                  thank you very much, Gordon,

                                  -----