Why doesn't Yahoo release all accounts which have been disabled or discontinued?

  • geek_bp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi,

      It seems to me that there are a lot of accounts which have been
      disabled or discontinued.

      These accounts have been created but also have been disabled or
      discontinued for a number of reasons.

      Why doesn't Yahoo release all accounts which have been disabled or
      discontinued for new registration?

      Some of these accounts have 'beatiful/professional' addresses but have
      not been used. It is really a waste.

      Regards,
      LD
    • Mike Ernst
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
        I agree.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "geek_bp" <dotranlinh@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > It seems to me that there are a lot of accounts which have been
        > disabled or discontinued.
        >
        > These accounts have been created but also have been disabled or
        > discontinued for a number of reasons.
        >
        > Why doesn't Yahoo release all accounts which have been disabled or
        > discontinued for new registration?
        >
        > Some of these accounts have 'beatiful/professional' addresses but have
        > not been used. It is really a waste.
        >
        > Regards,
        > LD

      • Olivier C. Laurent
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
          Hello all,

          With the recent addition of beta-testers for the new Yahoo! Mail interface, I have seen a spike int he umber of messages on this mailing list, which of course is a good thing as it will allow us and Yahoo! developers to get a better feeling of what the users need and want. However, it would be good if the new members checked the archives (available at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/messages) to see if a subject/issue/bug/problem has been discussed before. This will prevent repetitive discussions when a solution has already been found.

          Also, it would be good for every member to only answer messages when they have a constructive comment to make. A "I agree" or "Yes me too," etc. does not add to the discussion, and will lower the chances of having our comments and suggestions be read by the Yahoo! team of developers. But, of course, that is just my opinion.

          Best,
          Olivier Laurent

        • Trish
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
            Or at least give a "Time Frame" (ie, 2 years after
            registration) of when the accounts could be purdged.
            That would definately clean up some of the names and
            we will have an easier time than trying to remember
            "Iamatyahoo8337647885746@..." ;-).
            -Trish

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "geek_bp"
            > <dotranlinh@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > It seems to me that there are a lot of accounts
            > which have been
            > > disabled or discontinued.
            > >
            > > These accounts have been created but also have
            > been disabled or
            > > discontinued for a number of reasons.
            > >
            > > Why doesn't Yahoo release all accounts which have
            > been disabled or
            > > discontinued for new registration?
            > >
            > > Some of these accounts have
            > 'beatiful/professional' addresses but have
            > > not been used. It is really a waste.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > LD

            Just $16.99/mo. or less.