Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Calendar Events

  • T. Freligh
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 3, 2007
      Rob,

      When you select options, it's on the first page under the "General" tab...down towards the bottom where it says Shortcuts...underline in message....there's several options to select, including calendar dates...

      Cheers,
      Tai

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2007
        Whoa! They're there today, but the checkboxes seriously just weren't
        there yesterday. They must not show up in Opera.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "T. Freligh" <tfreligh@...> wrote:

        > Rob,
        >
        > When you select options, it's on the first page under the "General"
        tab...down towards the bottom where it says Shortcuts...underline in
        message....there's several options to select, including calendar dates...

        > Cheers,
        > Tai

        story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
        > http://sims.yahoo.com/

      • Rob Igo
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
          I've not got it - yet I'm on farm 308 (out of beta!)

          Anybody else not got it???  (I'm on version 0.7.1 - build 814.1 - 09/28/2007 - 2.09pm)

          When you select options, it's on the first page under the "General" tab...down towards the bottom where it says Shortcuts... underline in message....there' s several options to select, including calendar dates...

          Cheers,
          Tai

          Hi Everyone - I'm loving the new "out of beta"

          However, what's this about dates being high lighted so you can add to calendar?  I've looked under Options - Mail Options and can't see anything.

          Any help?

          After further review, it appears speed and stability are noticeably
          impacted by this release in Opera9.5a.  The simple task of creating a
          new Email message causes a perpetual "loading..." text that can only
          be stopped by giving up and going back to the prior tab.  I really
          wish Y!Mail would support Opera.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "James" <jakk9406@...> wrote:

          > I'm very surprised how intuitive the shortcuts are.  I just
          expected
          > it to be something like, click here to open a map in a new window,
          or
          > here to create a new contact w/ this address.  The integrated pop-
          up
          > w/ a tab and a link to a full-screen version for each feature is
          > nice.  The one odd thing (which I don't really mind since I like
          the
          > feature) is I don't see a place in Y!Mail options to turn it off.
          > Clicking the options link in the pop-up takes you to Y!Mail General
          > options, but it just has a bullet explaining the feature.  No
          > checkboxes or anything.  Strange.
          >
          > As far a Opera support, 9.5a isn't doing any worse with this
          version
          > than with the prior one.  Hopefully they'll be able to get IM to
          work
          > soon.  There's also the calendar strip, and speed and stability
          > issues.  It would be great if Y! would work towards officially
          > supporting it.
          >
          > I like the grass theme.  I also noticed Y! calendar and other
          classic
          > pages try and match the color you're using in Mail.  What's with
          the
          > labeling for the classic brown theme as "chrome"???  Last I checked
          > chrome is that shiny silver white that makes you think of the
          > future.  Chrome sounds a lot nicer than dirt, but it doesn't
          describe
          > the theme.
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "gk6583" <grantkegley@> wrote:
          > >

          > > I had it selected, but maybe took a few emails to start working.
          > It is
          > > working now, and I absolutely love that feature!  [:D]
          > >
          > > GK
          > >

          > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "T. Freligh" <tfreligh@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > You have to select it under mail options...it' s not on by
          > default...

          /r

          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
            I hope we get the new build soon, that error message I keep getting is very annoying!

            /r

            Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

          • Rob Igo
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007

              I'm now on the new build   version 1.0.0  Build  814.05 and still no link to high lighting dates etc. nor showing anything in my mail options?

> [...]

              > I like the grass theme.  I also noticed Y! calendar and other
              classic
              > pages try and match the color you're using in Mail.  What's with
              the
              > labeling for the classic brown theme as "chrome"???  Last I checked
              > chrome is that shiny silver white that makes you think of the
              > future.  Chrome sounds a lot nicer than dirt, but it doesn't
              describe
              > the theme.
              >

              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "gk6583" <grantkegley@> wrote:
              > >

              > > I had it selected, but maybe took a few emails to start working.
              > It is
              > > working now, and I absolutely love that feature!  [:D]
              > >
              > > GK
              > >

              > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "T. Freligh" <tfreligh@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > You have to select it under mail options...it' s not on by

              /r

              Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

            • T. Freligh
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007
                Hmm...strange.  I'm on F308 with Version 1.0.0 build:814.05 - built on 10/04/2007 03:54 PM and I do have the option.  Options-Mail Options-General...and then the Shortcuts listing at the bottom...has several things you can check off to have underlined in the message.  I'm on Firefox...I don't know if that makes a difference or not...

                Cheers,
                Tai

                Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you letother people spend it for you.
                Carl Sandburg
                US biographer & poet (1878 - 1967)

> [...]

                > I like the grass theme.  I also noticed Y! calendar and other
                classic
                > pages try and match the color you're using in Mail.  What's with
                the
                > labeling for the classic brown theme as "chrome"???  Last I checked
                > chrome is that shiny silver white that makes you think of the
                > future.  Chrome sounds a lot nicer than dirt, but it doesn't
                describe
                > the theme.
                >

                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "gk6583" <grantkegley@> wrote:
                > >

                > > I had it selected, but maybe took a few emails to start working.
                > It is
                > > working now, and I absolutely love that feature!  [:D]
                > >
                > > GK
                > >

                > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "T. Freligh" <tfreligh@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > You have to select it under mail options...it' s not on by

                /r

                Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

                Building a website is a piece of cake.
              • Frankie Luo
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007
                  Try to delete your browser's cookie.

                  Have a nice day!

                  FL

> [...]

                  > I like the grass theme.  I also noticed Y! calendar and other
                  classic
                  > pages try and match the color you're using in Mail.  What's with
                  the
                  > labeling for the classic brown theme as "chrome"???  Last I checked
                  > chrome is that shiny silver white that makes you think of the
                  > future.  Chrome sounds a lot nicer than dirt, but it doesn't
                  describe
                  > the theme.
                  >

                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "gk6583" <grantkegley@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I had it selected, but maybe took a few emails to start working.
                  > It is
                  > > working now, and I absolutely love that feature!  [:D]
                  > >
                  > > GK
                  > >

                  > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "T. Freligh" <tfreligh@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > You have to select it under mail options...it' s not on by

                  /r

                  Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

                • marciobenisti
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007
                    I'm in the same version/build and I don't have this option too.

                    However, if I change the language of my yahoo account to English -
                    United States, the underline shortcuts show up in the mail options,
                    under the general tab.

                    So, check the language of your account. This feature is not available
                    to all languages (in my case, brazilian portuguese).

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob Igo <robigouk@...> wrote:

                    > I'm now on the new build version 1.0.0 Build 814.05 and still
                    no link to high lighting dates etc. nor showing anything in my mail
                    options?

                    Yahoo! Games.