Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Searching the Spam folder

  • Zachary Fisk
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2007
      I too quickly review the spam folder and empty a couple of times a day. But I would like to have the ability to search the spam folder and trash folder (I'd like to a search in this folder, and when I'm in the spam or trash then it would search those folders).  Though over all I find very often the search doesn't work (return all the applicable results) where it should anyhow.

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 8, 2008
        Reviving an old thread (don't you hate that)...

        I just found myself wishing I could search my spam folder. A lot of
        my spam comes from the same address(es), which seems to be a growing
        trend for the spam I receive. For instance a lot of my recent spam
        has been coming from www16.dl930.com. If I could search my spam
        folder, I could see what addresses are regularly sending me spam and
        block those domains. That way, my spam folder is smaller and I can
        more quickly scan for mis-identified spam.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Schutte" <cschutte@...> wrote:

        > Is there any way to search the Spam folder? It drives me nuts when
        > someone says they sent me something and I can't find it, so I want to
        > check the Spam folder. But it's full of thousands of Spam messages so
        > I want to search for it. But the mail search box omits the Spam
        > folder. Advanced search doesn't seem to offer it either. Am I
        missing it?

        > Thanks,
        > Chris

      • John Bartley
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 11, 2008
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com , "Chris Schutte" <cschutte@...> wrote:

          > Is there any way to search the Spam folder? It drives me nuts when
          > someone says they sent me something and I can't find it, so I want to
          > check the Spam folder. But it's full of thousands of Spam messages so
          > I want to search for it. But the mail search box omits the Spam
          > folder. Advanced search doesn't seem to offer it either. Am I
          missing it?

          > Thanks,
          > Chris

          Have you tried moving the spams to a new folder and searching in the folder?