Re: [Y-Mail] Future of Yahoo Mail Plus?

  • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2007
      From: webby <webbys@...>
      I had it until about two years ago. When Gmail started offering basically the same features for free I was wondering if anyone chose to pay anymore.

      Gmail doesn't have ads?

      -- Jay Bienvenu
    • webby
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2007
        They obviously DO. However, I find those small text-ads a little less intrusive compared to the colorful animations here.
        Please, don't get me wrong..I love Yahoo and am an avid Yahoo user in general -- mail and blog in particular -- been so since 1997.
        I only asked Guillaume because I thought perhaps they had added some nifty functions to the paid version.

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hello, all!

          Yahoo is my primary e-mail account, but it's rather embarrassing to
          include it on a resume. Far more appealing to me is an address such as
          "briancarr@...." I realize that's possible to do if I
          switch from "Plus" to the $35 "Personal Address," but it's actually a
          downgrade, since attachment size is limited to 10 MBs. So I'd be
          paying more for less! (Who needs five non-disposable Yahoo addresses,
          anyway?)

          In light of the increasing feature parity between the free and "Plus"
          versions, Yahoo could again distinguish Mail Plus by allowing its
          subscribers one personal address at the current Plus cost. For many
          users, I suspect it might help justify the price.

          Sincerely,
          Brian

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <belfiore_guillaume@...> wrote:

          > I just decided to sign up agin for Yahoo Mail Plus.
          >
          > However i do think they need to upgrade this offer.
          > Gmail provides pop/forwards access for free (and they removed the "on
          > behalf of Gmail tagline" a long time ago), 20 MB of attachment limit,
          > and strong spam filters.
          > Nobody really cares about the unlimited storage...
          >
          > i wish Yahoo would at least include an adless My Yahoo page which
          > could maybe make me switch back to the Yahoo Network

        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2007
            I agree about the free pop access, it'd be nice to have that again. The 20 mb attachment limit that comes with plus is fine with me, do you need more? I don't need the unlimited storage since I never keep any emails, so it's pointless for me.....

            Guillaume wrote:
            I just decided to sign up agin for Yahoo Mail Plus.

            However i do think they need to upgrade this offer.
            Gmail provides pop/forwards access for free (and they removed the "on
            behalf of Gmail tagline" a long time ago), 20 MB of attachment limit,
            and strong spam filters.
            Nobody really cares about the unlimited storage...

            i wish Yahoo would at least include an adless My Yahoo page which
            could maybe make me switch back to the Yahoo Network

            Yahoo! Groups Links

                mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Sasafrass
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2007
              I chose to pay for plus because I've preferred a desktop client over webmail. But the filters are an even bigger reason that I paid. Yahoo's filters are simply not good enough.

              Stephen Byers wrote:
              Just to jump in on the conversation... I have had Yahoo! Mail Plus for several years now.  I really like the ability to create disposable addresses and I haven't seen an ad is so long.  Those are the two main reasons for me.  I, too, wish they would add a little more for the money.  I saw that Gmail was working on a "2.0" version.  Not sure what it will look like, but I'm sure it will be pretty interesting.

              Just out of curiousity: What made you sign up?

              I had it until about two years ago. When Gmail started offering basically the same features for free I was wondering if anyone chose to pay anymore.

              I just decided to sign up agin for Yahoo Mail Plus.

              However i do think they need to upgrade this offer.
              Gmail provides pop/forwards access for free (and they removed the "on
              behalf of Gmail tagline" a long time ago), 20 MB of attachment limit,
              and strong spam filters.
              Nobody really cares about the unlimited storage...

              i wish Yahoo would at least include an adless My Yahoo page which
              could maybe make me switch back to the Yahoo Network

              Got a little couch potato?

            • Nancy J
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2007
                I like that there are no ads, but mostly I paid to support Yahoo (and especially in the hope that they would keep groups free).  I hope that IMAP gets added one day.  I don't use POP3, so that's not a huge deal for me.  I don't have a lot of filters but I do use them (although more now than in the past), so that's nice.  I did use archive function, but since it doesn't handle big archives well, that's also not a huge draw.  I still haven't used the disposable address thing either.

                I like the violet color in the new Yahoo mail.  A ew of the colors are way tooo bright for me to attempt first thing in the AM!  ;)!

                L8!

                Nancy J
                Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

                "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
                India Arie

                "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
                lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
                www.cindyalexander.com

                http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2007
                  I have Yahoo plus so I can forward my personal emails to Yahoo and have a reply from my personal address.  I tried using Gmail and when I send from my personal address through Gmail, it gives out my Gmail address as well as my personal address.

                  I'd love to be able to have the personal address feature included in Yahoo plus.

                  Sandy