Re: [Y-Mail] One thing I really miss...

  • JP
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
      Just shift or control click on the different subject. No check boxes needed for multiple selects. Much, much easier!

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, JP <rivenfeld@y...> wrote:

        > Just shift or control click on the different subject. No check boxes
        needed for multiple selects. Much, much easier!

        Shift or control click are "Windoze" list selection methods. Works
        the same with most mail clients that run locally (Netscape mail,
        Thunderbird, Overlook/Express,...). I'm impressed how much the Beta
        web mail behaves like most client mail readers, very intuitive.

        Dan
      • Liz Yumrutepe
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
          You dont have to open them to delete them, just hide the viewing pane

          http://www.kaplan.edu
          " Knowledge is the key to life "

          Where are the check boxes? Lots of times in the old version stuff
          would get through my spam blocker and I could just click their check
          boxes and report them all as spam. Sometimes I also get email I just
          don't want to read from various newsgroups. If the title doesn't
          intrigue me I deleted it. The beta version forces you to open then
          delete. I liked the old checkbox to select and delete several items
          without having to read them. Plus, emails that you have read and want
          to file. In the beta you have to individually select them and then
          delete them. This really needs fixed.

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

        • ~ frisky Susie ~
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
            Oh my, that is a valid point and a useful option that IS better than the check boxes... and I didn't realize this until now- thanks.

            Shift allows you to select multiple selections at random, and
            Shitf Control allows you to select multiple selections in a group

            Wow! That is faster then the "check boxes" method!

            Now I wish I wasn't so quick to give "feed back" on this topic, as it wasn't necessary or valid. An "oopsy" on me!

            Thanks again,

            ~ *frisky *Susie ~
            http://360.yahoo.com/insatiably_frisky
            Slight not what is near though aiming at what is far.
            -- Euripides (480-406 BC) Greek Playwright

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
              I was unaware of that. Thanks. I still like my check boxes. I'll try the new way now and see I guess.

              Just shift or control click on the different subject. No check boxes needed for multiple selects. Much, much easier!

              Where are the check boxes? Lots of times in the old version stuff
              would get through my spam blocker and I could just click their check
              boxes and report them all as spam. Sometimes I also get email I just
              don't want to read from various newsgroups. If the title doesn't
              intrigue me I deleted it. The beta version forces you to open then
              delete. I liked the old checkbox to select and delete several items
              without having to read them. Plus, emails that you have read and want
              to file. In the beta you have to individually select them and then
              delete them. This really needs fixed.

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

              Expert advice Expert Advice

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
                  Or you might have eventually come across this page:

                  http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/ymail/usingit/usingit-17.html