One thing I really miss...

  • Joe Stolz
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
      Where are the check boxes? Lots of times in the old version stuff
      would get through my spam blocker and I could just click their check
      boxes and report them all as spam. Sometimes I also get email I just
      don't want to read from various newsgroups. If the title doesn't
      intrigue me I deleted it. The beta version forces you to open then
      delete. I liked the old checkbox to select and delete several items
      without having to read them. Plus, emails that you have read and want
      to file. In the beta you have to individually select them and then
      delete them. This really needs fixed.
    • JP
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
        Just shift or control click on the different subject. No check boxes needed for multiple selects. Much, much easier!

        Where are the check boxes? Lots of times in the old version stuff
        would get through my spam blocker and I could just click their check
        boxes and report them all as spam. Sometimes I also get email I just
        don't want to read from various newsgroups. If the title doesn't
        intrigue me I deleted it. The beta version forces you to open then
        delete. I liked the old checkbox to select and delete several items
        without having to read them. Plus, emails that you have read and want
        to file. In the beta you have to individually select them and then
        delete them. This really needs fixed.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Nancy J
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, JP <rivenfeld@y...> wrote:

            > Just shift or control click on the different subject. No check boxes
            needed for multiple selects. Much, much easier!

            Shift or control click are "Windoze" list selection methods. Works
            the same with most mail clients that run locally (Netscape mail,
            Thunderbird, Overlook/Express,...). I'm impressed how much the Beta
            web mail behaves like most client mail readers, very intuitive.

            Dan
          • Liz Yumrutepe
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
              You dont have to open them to delete them, just hide the viewing pane

              http://www.kaplan.edu
              " Knowledge is the key to life "

              Where are the check boxes? Lots of times in the old version stuff
              would get through my spam blocker and I could just click their check
              boxes and report them all as spam. Sometimes I also get email I just
              don't want to read from various newsgroups. If the title doesn't
              intrigue me I deleted it. The beta version forces you to open then
              delete. I liked the old checkbox to select and delete several items
              without having to read them. Plus, emails that you have read and want
              to file. In the beta you have to individually select them and then
              delete them. This really needs fixed.

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

            • ~ frisky Susie ~
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
                Oh my, that is a valid point and a useful option that IS better than the check boxes... and I didn't realize this until now- thanks.

                Shift allows you to select multiple selections at random, and
                Shitf Control allows you to select multiple selections in a group

                Wow! That is faster then the "check boxes" method!

                Now I wish I wasn't so quick to give "feed back" on this topic, as it wasn't necessary or valid. An "oopsy" on me!

                Thanks again,

                ~ *frisky *Susie ~
                http://360.yahoo.com/insatiably_frisky
                Slight not what is near though aiming at what is far.
                -- Euripides (480-406 BC) Greek Playwright

[...]

                  Expert advice Expert Advice

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
                      Or you might have eventually come across this page:

                      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/ymail/usingit/usingit-17.html