New shortcut functions added to Y! Mail today

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2005
      Below your "My Folders" list in Y! Mail (at the bottom of the left
      side navigation bar) you will find a couple new links. They are
      entitled "Shortcuts" and are "My Photos" and "My Attachments."

      Clicking on "My Photos" provides you with a "Photo view" search result
      of your mail from all your folders, most recent listed first.

      Clicking on "My Attachments" provides you with an "Attachment view"
      search result of your mail from all your folders, most recent listed
      first.

      These enable a quick visual search of photos and/or attachments buried
      within your mail folders. You can also choose to save several photos
      or attachments to your computer in one click. They will be 'zipped'
      and downloaded within a single .zip file.
    • Guillaume
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2005
        Yeh, well, this makes me seriously wonder about any coming mail beta
        platform any time soon. This and recent photomail release make me
        think the whole thing has been put off for a while...
      • Olivier C. Laurent
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
          That is great, but my main problem is that I have many folders (over thirty), so I already know where the e-mails I want to read are. I basically use the search future in Yahoo Mail once a month or so. Now it will be much easier for me on that one time in the month, but if this is what Yahoo promised back in May as a radical change to their mail program, then I am really dissapointed. What about Oddpost integration??!!

          Olivier

        • Guillaume
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
            this has nothing to do with the new yahoo Mail, they mentionned drag
            and drop support, right-click menus, a preview pane...thisisjust an
            upgrade to the current version which will probly be part of it
          • jbeaul
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
              I too have been accustomed to using mail search very rarely, but now
              the tool has been improved, I find myself using it more than once a
              day. I deal a lot with attachments (graphics) and this has made my
              life a lot simpler.

              Joe

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Olivier C. Laurent"
              <olivierclaurent@y...> wrote:
              > That is great, but my main problem is that I have many folders (over
              thirty), so I already know where the e-mails I want to read are. I
              basically use the search future in Yahoo Mail once a month or so. Now
              it will be much easier for me on that one time in the month, but if
              this is what Yahoo promised back in May as a radical change to their
              mail program, then I am really dissapointed. What about Oddpost
              integration??!!

              > Olivier

            • jbeaul
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
                Have you noticed that you can drag-n-drop attachments if you've setup
                PhotoMail? While composing a mail message, drag an attachment over the
                header section. Voila!

                Joe

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
              • flurrylake@googlemail.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
                  Have all of you guys got those shortcuts? I have them, but not in my older
                  account.

                  --
                  one G-d, many faiths...one world to share