Re: [Y-Mail] beta on dial-up

  • JATAI
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
      I agree with you. I make an test with a friend and I saw that is bit more slow only during the loading of the interface. After it is loaded all will be the same.

      JATAI, Jose
      Fortaleza, CE - Brazil

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
        Awesome, thanks Liz for that info. On another note, do you miss the
        viewing pane in non-beta where I can choose to show only those that
        are marked, unread, etc. The search function is not as good as
        well. It won't let you just search with a blank entry, I miss the
        advance search function.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        >
        > There was a mention on how beta would be on dial-up. Well I am
        outta town and using dial-up! (this helps me to appreciate my
        connection I have at home 'cable') I have been playing with the mail
        in all sorts of ways and believe it or not it is not slower!! It is
        running the same! updating filters, drag and drop messages,
        composing, using keyboard shortcuts, replying, forwarding, checking
        pop mail, creating folders, adding mail attachments, searching mail,
        move mail from folder to folder ... etc, all is well!!!

        > Liz

      • Liz Yumrutepe
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
          just for the curious

          I've been using dial-up for the past 2 weeks (not by choice) however with the yahoo beta the only real delay that I found is the folder load and the graphics in the emails to load takes a while especially in the preview pane and when you are deleting mails you can get ahead of yourself and yahoo because that has a delay and I think because everytime you click on a message it's trying to load even when you are performing another action to it.

          otherwise it functions pretty well and not too bad even on dial-up