UNJOIN

  • amit sharda
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
      HI I WANT TO UNJOIN THIS GROUP

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
        You'll need to go to the yahoo groups webpage, find this group, and click on 'Edit Membership'.

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007

          amit sharda wrote:
          HI I WANT TO UNJOIN THIS GROUP

        • SUZANNE DE HAVEN
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
            why?? I want to know why?
            Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 9:04 AM
            Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] UNJOIN

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                I don't want to

                You'll need to go to the yahoo groups webpage, find this group, and click on 'Edit Membership'.

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                  What also works is having group owners unsubscribe those members who
                  wish to unsubscribe. Group owners have that ability and perhaps
                  should consider doing so for those members who appear to be internet
                  challenged.

                  <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_mail_5/*http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/>

                  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48255/*http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=X3oDMTI5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTklfMzYwBHNsawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list&sid=396545433>from
                  > > someone who knows.
                  > > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                • Sasafrass
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                    That's ok, you don't have to leave :)

                    SUZANNE DE HAVEN wrote:
                    I don't want to

                    You'll need to go to the yahoo groups webpage, find this group, and click on 'Edit Membership'.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                      I don't know how often, or if, this topic has come up here but in some other groups I'm in, it comes up every so often and the reasoning in those group is if somebody was able to figure out how to join a group, then they should be able to figure out how to leave the group.  In fact one of my groups came up with some fun instructions on how to leave a group and those instructions get posted everytime somebody asks to be unsubscribed.

                      Jeff
                      Today is the tomorrow you dreamed about yesterday

                      What also works is having group owners unsubscribe those members who
                      wish to unsubscribe.  Group owners have that ability and perhaps
                      should consider doing so for those members who appear to be internet
                      challenged.

                      > Because that's the way it works.....
                      >
                      > SUZANNE DE HAVEN wrote:
                      > > why?? I want to know why?

                    • Christian Dysthe
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                        Ummm....Yahoo! can also be used for search. I just tried it by putting: "How to leave a Yahoo! Group" And guess what, this link was on the top of the results:

                        Seems quite relevant to me, and much better than sending a message to all members of the group. Come to think of, that's exactly what I am doing now....ouch!

                        --
                        Christian

                        You'll need to go to the yahoo groups webpage, find this group, and click on 'Edit Membership'.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                          And... there are instructions or links at the bottom of every group email that tell you how to unsubscribe.  So it's not rocket science and the moderators shouldn't have to be the ones to do it.  Plus, it looks to me like it's just someone trying to be a pain.

                          Brian

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Sasafrass <sasafrass452@ ...> wrote:

                          > Because that's the way it works.....
                          >
                          > SUZANNE DE HAVEN wrote:
                          > > why?? I want to know why?

                        • Nancy J
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                            As a group owner, moderator, as well as groups member user, I feel that its better to educate people on the how to's to "unjoin" a group rather than do it for them. This simple instruction will help the person when they either want or need to "unjoin" other groups in the future!

                            Even the internet challenged can manage quite capably -- since the unsubscribe option is there in each email, in
                            addition to the edit membership link being at any groups home page.
                            L8!
                            Nancy J
                            Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

                            "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
                            India Arie

                            "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
                            lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
                            www.cindyalexander.com

                            http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                            What also works is having group owners unsubscribe those members who
                            wish to unsubscribe. Group owners have that ability and perhaps
                            should consider doing so for those members who appear to be internet
                            challenged.

                            > Because that's the way it works.....
                            >
                            > SUZANNE DE HAVEN wrote:
                            > > why?? I want to know why?

                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                          • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 5, 2007
                              From: Nancy J <ordinaryfoolisnj@...>
                              As a group owner, moderator, as well as groups member user, I feel that its better to educate people on the how to's to "unjoin" a group rather than do it for them.   This simple instruction will help the person when they either want or need to "unjoin" other groups in the future!

                              As a group reader, I feel that it is rather inconsiderate to send me other people's unsubscribe requests. It's a waste of my time(*). The person who requested it really doesn't care about being educated. They just want out. So do it, and kill the message.

                              (* The only reason I'm reading this thread is because it's rather funny to see people having a discussion about someone's unsubscribe message.)

                              -- Jay Bienvenu
                            • Brian VanArsdale
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 6, 2007
                                But it's not a waste of your time to respond to such an inconsiderate conversation?

                                What a joke.

                                Brian

                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 6, 2007
                                  I am a current group mod and a former group mod of various lists as
                                  well as members of several other groups.

                                  If I had a dollar for every post made by someone who couldn't figure
                                  out that posting a request to leave a list was not the way to do it .
                                  . . I could buy a good chunk of shares in YHOO
                                  (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=YHOO). ;-)

                                  Seriously, to "unjoin" there are two good ways

                                  and
                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/join - click the gray "leave
                                  group " button (this is the URL where one can also change one's mail
                                  settings to individual messages or digest or web only)

                                  and one very bad way

                                  asking on list for the moderator to do it.

                                  The bad way doesn't work unless one's goal is to tick people off.

                                  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/manage/manage-26.html