Re: [Y-Mail] ToolBar Settings Button Editing

  • Ed Vasquez
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
          I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
        with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or mail,those buttons I use all the time

        Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
          I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
          and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
          custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo.com" and keyword y (you can do
          this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
          can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
          address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
          link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@...> wrote:

          > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
          mail,those buttons I use all the time

        • rlb030
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
            It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
            The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
            version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
            experience has been.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

            > Hi...
            >
            > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
            > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
            >
            > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
            > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
            >
            > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
            > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
            > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
            > all ?
            >
            > Thanks !
            >
            > Ed VA

          • Ed Vasquez
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
              Hello & Thank You for your input !

                  I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one way or another.  From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is "Almost There" come true.  It shouldn't be really difficult; and I believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and promoting their own business customers etc.

              Regards,
              Ed VA

              I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
              and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
              custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo. com" and keyword y (you can do
              this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
              can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
              address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
              link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@... > wrote:

              > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
              mail,those buttons I use all the time

            • Ed Vasquez
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                GREAT !!!

                  Can you tell me how to tell which version I've got; and how to go about changing it ?

                Thanks !
                Ed VA

                It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                experience has been.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ed" <edv7028@... > wrote:

                > Hi...
                >
                > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                >
                > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                >
                > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                > all ?
                >
                > Thanks !
                >
                > Ed VA

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
              • James
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                  To each his own.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                  > Hello & Thank You for your input !
                  >
                  > I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one
                  way or another. From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is
                  "Almost There" come true. It shouldn't be really difficult; and I
                  believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and
                  promoting their own business customers etc.

                  > Regards,
                  > Ed VA

                  search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                • fiction_scribe
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                    Why not just use Yahoo! Bookmarks?
                    http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/
                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                    > Hi...
                    >
                    > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
                    button
                    > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                    >
                    > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                    > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                    >
                    > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
                    more
                    > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                    > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or
                    at
                    > all ?
                    >
                    > Thanks !
                    >
                    > Ed VA

                  • fiction_scribe
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                      If one switches to Digest instead of Individual Messages, one will
                      only see one font face in one font size. (One would also see that
                      font face and size when replying via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                      Mail.)

                      Also in IE - Edit >> View >> Text Size >> Largest, Larger, Medium,
                      Smaller, or Smallest

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                      > I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume
                      that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

                    • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 5, 2007
                        But today's browers don't come with a means to transfer all of your bookmarks and other features over the Internet to whatever computer you are using. As long as I am use different machines with different browers in different places, I will have a need for Yahoo Toolbar.

                        Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
                        bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet