Re: [Y-Mail] Re: ToolBar Settings Button Editing

  • Ed Vasquez
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
      Hi & Thanks; But...

          I set all those options; and on the Yahoo Mail Beta screen in the upper-left hand corner, it tells me that I'm AVAILABLE.

          I just doesn't indicate that I'm available on your Y-Mail Website at the time I was looking earlier.  Perhaps it just takes several minutes because it's showing-up now.

      Thanks Again !

      Ed VA

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
        Do you really need to use that large a font?

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
              I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

[...]

          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
        • Allan Aunkst
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
            with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or mail,those buttons I use all the time

            Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
              I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
              and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
              custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo.com" and keyword y (you can do
              this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
              can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
              address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
              link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@...> wrote:

              > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
              mail,those buttons I use all the time

            • rlb030
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                experience has been.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                > Hi...
                >
                > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                >
                > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                >
                > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                > all ?
                >
                > Thanks !
                >
                > Ed VA

              • Ed Vasquez
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                  Hello & Thank You for your input !

                      I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one way or another.  From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is "Almost There" come true.  It shouldn't be really difficult; and I believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and promoting their own business customers etc.

                  Regards,
                  Ed VA

                  I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                  and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                  custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo. com" and keyword y (you can do
                  this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                  can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                  address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                  link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@... > wrote:

                  > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                  mail,those buttons I use all the time

                • Ed Vasquez
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                    GREAT !!!

                      Can you tell me how to tell which version I've got; and how to go about changing it ?

                    Thanks !
                    Ed VA

                    It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                    The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                    version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                    experience has been.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ed" <edv7028@... > wrote:

                    > Hi...
                    >
                    > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                    > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                    >
                    > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                    > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                    >
                    > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                    > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                    > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                    > all ?
                    >
                    > Thanks !
                    >
                    > Ed VA

                    Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                  • James
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                      To each his own.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                      > Hello & Thank You for your input !
                      >
                      > I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one
                      way or another. From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is
                      "Almost There" come true. It shouldn't be really difficult; and I
                      believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and
                      promoting their own business customers etc.

                      > Regards,
                      > Ed VA

                      search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                    • fiction_scribe
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                        Why not just use Yahoo! Bookmarks?
                        http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/
                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                        > Hi...
                        >
                        > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
                        button
                        > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                        >
                        > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                        > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                        >
                        > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
                        more
                        > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                        > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or
                        at
                        > all ?
                        >
                        > Thanks !
                        >
                        > Ed VA

                      • fiction_scribe
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                          If one switches to Digest instead of Individual Messages, one will
                          only see one font face in one font size. (One would also see that
                          font face and size when replying via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                          Mail.)

                          Also in IE - Edit >> View >> Text Size >> Largest, Larger, Medium,
                          Smaller, or Smallest

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                          > I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume
                          that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

                        • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 5, 2007
                            But today's browers don't come with a means to transfer all of your bookmarks and other features over the Internet to whatever computer you are using. As long as I am use different machines with different browers in different places, I will have a need for Yahoo Toolbar.

                            Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
                            bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet