Re: [Y-Mail] ToolBar Settings Button Editing

  • Ed Vasquez
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2 7:57 AM
      Nahhh... didn't work.  The only options available to me were under...
      "Other/Personal_Name#" (But there were 2 of them open to me)
      I'd like at least 1 or 2 more.

      Thanks Anyway !

      Ed VA

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2 10:30 AM
        Hi & Thanks; But...

            I set all those options; and on the Yahoo Mail Beta screen in the upper-left hand corner, it tells me that I'm AVAILABLE.

            I just doesn't indicate that I'm available on your Y-Mail Website at the time I was looking earlier.  Perhaps it just takes several minutes because it's showing-up now.

        Thanks Again !

        Ed VA

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2 11:14 AM
          Do you really need to use that large a font?

[...]

          Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
        • Ed Vasquez
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 2 12:48 PM
                I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

[...]

            Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
          • Allan Aunkst
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 2 1:06 PM
              with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or mail,those buttons I use all the time

              Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 3 1:13 AM
                I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo.com" and keyword y (you can do
                this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@...> wrote:

                > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                mail,those buttons I use all the time

              • rlb030
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 3 6:15 AM
                  It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                  The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                  version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                  experience has been.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                  > Hi...
                  >
                  > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                  > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                  >
                  > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                  > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                  >
                  > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                  > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                  > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                  > all ?
                  >
                  > Thanks !
                  >
                  > Ed VA

                • Ed Vasquez
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 3 7:25 AM
                    Hello & Thank You for your input !

                        I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one way or another.  From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is "Almost There" come true.  It shouldn't be really difficult; and I believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and promoting their own business customers etc.

                    Regards,
                    Ed VA

                    I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                    and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                    custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo. com" and keyword y (you can do
                    this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                    can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                    address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                    link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@... > wrote:

                    > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                    mail,those buttons I use all the time

                  • Ed Vasquez
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 3 8:18 AM
                      GREAT !!!

                        Can you tell me how to tell which version I've got; and how to go about changing it ?

                      Thanks !
                      Ed VA

                      It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                      The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                      version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                      experience has been.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ed" <edv7028@... > wrote:

                      > Hi...
                      >
                      > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                      > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                      >
                      > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                      > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                      >
                      > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                      > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                      > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                      > all ?
                      >
                      > Thanks !
                      >
                      > Ed VA

                      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                    • James
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 3 1:04 PM
                        To each his own.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                        > Hello & Thank You for your input !
                        >
                        > I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one
                        way or another. From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is
                        "Almost There" come true. It shouldn't be really difficult; and I
                        believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and
                        promoting their own business customers etc.

                        > Regards,
                        > Ed VA

                        search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                      • fiction_scribe
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 4 9:43 AM
                          Why not just use Yahoo! Bookmarks?
                          http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/
                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                          > Hi...
                          >
                          > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
                          button
                          > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                          >
                          > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                          > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                          >
                          > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
                          more
                          > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                          > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or
                          at
                          > all ?
                          >
                          > Thanks !
                          >
                          > Ed VA

                        • fiction_scribe
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 4 9:51 AM
                            If one switches to Digest instead of Individual Messages, one will
                            only see one font face in one font size. (One would also see that
                            font face and size when replying via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                            Mail.)

                            Also in IE - Edit >> View >> Text Size >> Largest, Larger, Medium,
                            Smaller, or Smallest

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                            > I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume
                            that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

                          • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 5 11:40 AM
                              But today's browers don't come with a means to transfer all of your bookmarks and other features over the Internet to whatever computer you are using. As long as I am use different machines with different browers in different places, I will have a need for Yahoo Toolbar.

                              Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
                              bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet