Re: [Y-Mail] ToolBar Settings Button Editing

  • Ed Vasquez
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
      Thank You !!!

       I'll give it a try.  I was wondering why they'd only make 1 extra button available.

      Ed VA

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
        Nahhh... didn't work.  The only options available to me were under...
        "Other/Personal_Name#" (But there were 2 of them open to me)
        I'd like at least 1 or 2 more.

        Thanks Anyway !

        Ed VA

[...]

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
      • Ed Vasquez
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
          Hi & Thanks; But...

              I set all those options; and on the Yahoo Mail Beta screen in the upper-left hand corner, it tells me that I'm AVAILABLE.

              I just doesn't indicate that I'm available on your Y-Mail Website at the time I was looking earlier.  Perhaps it just takes several minutes because it's showing-up now.

          Thanks Again !

          Ed VA

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
            I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
            standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
            autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
            does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Pierce" <karen729@...> wrote:

            > I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with
            Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar
            back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
              Do you really need to use that large a font?

[...]

              Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
            • Ed Vasquez
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                    I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

[...]

                Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
              • Allan Aunkst
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                  with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or mail,those buttons I use all the time

                  Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

                  I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
                  standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
                  autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
                  does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Karen Pierce" <karen729@.. .> wrote:

                  > I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with
                  Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar
                  back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.
                  > KP

                • James
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                    I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                    and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                    custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo.com" and keyword y (you can do
                    this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                    can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                    address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                    link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@...> wrote:

                    > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                    mail,those buttons I use all the time

                  • rlb030
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                      It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                      The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                      version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                      experience has been.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                      > Hi...
                      >
                      > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                      > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                      >
                      > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                      > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                      >
                      > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                      > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                      > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                      > all ?
                      >
                      > Thanks !
                      >
                      > Ed VA

                    • Ed Vasquez
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                        Hello & Thank You for your input !

                            I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one way or another.  From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is "Almost There" come true.  It shouldn't be really difficult; and I believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and promoting their own business customers etc.

                        Regards,
                        Ed VA

                        I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                        and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                        custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo. com" and keyword y (you can do
                        this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                        can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                        address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                        link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@... > wrote:

                        > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                        mail,those buttons I use all the time

                      • Ed Vasquez
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                          GREAT !!!

                            Can you tell me how to tell which version I've got; and how to go about changing it ?

                          Thanks !
                          Ed VA

                          It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                          The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                          version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                          experience has been.

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ed" <edv7028@... > wrote:

                          > Hi...
                          >
                          > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                          > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                          >
                          > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                          > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                          >
                          > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                          > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                          > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                          > all ?
                          >
                          > Thanks !
                          >
                          > Ed VA

                          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                        • James
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                            To each his own.

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                            > Hello & Thank You for your input !
                            >
                            > I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one
                            way or another. From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is
                            "Almost There" come true. It shouldn't be really difficult; and I
                            believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and
                            promoting their own business customers etc.

                            > Regards,
                            > Ed VA

                            search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                          • fiction_scribe
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                              Why not just use Yahoo! Bookmarks?
                              http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/
                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                              > Hi...
                              >
                              > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
                              button
                              > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                              >
                              > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                              > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                              >
                              > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
                              more
                              > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                              > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or
                              at
                              > all ?
                              >
                              > Thanks !
                              >
                              > Ed VA

                            • fiction_scribe
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                                If one switches to Digest instead of Individual Messages, one will
                                only see one font face in one font size. (One would also see that
                                font face and size when replying via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                                Mail.)

                                Also in IE - Edit >> View >> Text Size >> Largest, Larger, Medium,
                                Smaller, or Smallest

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                > I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume
                                that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

                              • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 5, 2007
                                  But today's browers don't come with a means to transfer all of your bookmarks and other features over the Internet to whatever computer you are using. As long as I am use different machines with different browers in different places, I will have a need for Yahoo Toolbar.

                                  Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
                                  bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet