Re: [Y-Mail] ToolBar Settings Button Editing

  • Ed Vasquez
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
      Thank You !!!

       I'll give it a try.  I was wondering why they'd only make 1 extra button available.

      Ed VA

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
        Nahhh... didn't work.  The only options available to me were under...
        "Other/Personal_Name#" (But there were 2 of them open to me)
        I'd like at least 1 or 2 more.

        Thanks Anyway !

        Ed VA

[...]

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
      • Ryan Kennedy
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:
          > What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
          > I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
          > website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

          It's a privacy setting. You can set whether or not you want your Messenger status to appear
          on the website. In your case, it's likely that you have that feature disabled. To change it, try
          the following:

          1) Click on the "My Account" link in at the top of the page.

          2) On the next page, click "Edit/Create Profiles".

          3) On the next page you should see a note that says "Check the box to hide my online status
          from other users". If the box is checked, that means you're hiding your online status. You can
          uncheck it and click the "Finished Editing" button to enable showing your online presence.

          Ryan Kennedy
        • Ed Vasquez
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
            Hi & Thanks; But...

                I set all those options; and on the Yahoo Mail Beta screen in the upper-left hand corner, it tells me that I'm AVAILABLE.

                I just doesn't indicate that I'm available on your Y-Mail Website at the time I was looking earlier.  Perhaps it just takes several minutes because it's showing-up now.

            Thanks Again !

            Ed VA

            > What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
            > I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
            > website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

            It's a privacy setting. You can set whether or not you want your Messenger status to appear
            on the website. In your case, it's likely that you have that feature disabled. To change it, try
            the following:

            1) Click on the "My Account" link in at the top of the page.

            2) On the next page, click "Edit/Create Profiles".

            3) On the next page you should see a note that says "Check the box to hide my online status
            from other users". If the box is checked, that means you're hiding your online status. You can
            uncheck it and click the "Finished Editing" button to enable showing your online presence.

            Ryan Kennedy

            Got a little couch potato?
          • James
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
              I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
              standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
              autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
              does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Pierce" <karen729@...> wrote:

              > I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with
              Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar
              back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                Do you really need to use that large a font?

[...]

                Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
              • Ed Vasquez
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                      I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

[...]

                  Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
                • Allan Aunkst
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                    with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or mail,those buttons I use all the time

                    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

                    I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
                    standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
                    autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
                    does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Karen Pierce" <karen729@.. .> wrote:

                    > I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with
                    Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar
                    back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.
                    > KP

                  • James
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                      I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                      and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                      custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo.com" and keyword y (you can do
                      this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                      can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                      address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                      link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@...> wrote:

                      > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                      mail,those buttons I use all the time

                    • rlb030
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                        It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                        The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                        version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                        experience has been.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                        > Hi...
                        >
                        > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                        > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                        >
                        > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                        > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                        >
                        > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                        > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                        > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                        > all ?
                        >
                        > Thanks !
                        >
                        > Ed VA

                      • Ed Vasquez
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                          Hello & Thank You for your input !

                              I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one way or another.  From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is "Almost There" come true.  It shouldn't be really difficult; and I believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and promoting their own business customers etc.

                          Regards,
                          Ed VA

                          I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                          and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                          custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo. com" and keyword y (you can do
                          this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                          can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                          address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                          link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@... > wrote:

                          > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                          mail,those buttons I use all the time

                        • Ed Vasquez
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                            GREAT !!!

                              Can you tell me how to tell which version I've got; and how to go about changing it ?

                            Thanks !
                            Ed VA

                            It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                            The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                            version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                            experience has been.

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ed" <edv7028@... > wrote:

                            > Hi...
                            >
                            > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                            > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                            >
                            > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                            > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                            >
                            > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                            > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                            > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                            > all ?
                            >
                            > Thanks !
                            >
                            > Ed VA

                            Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                          • James
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                              To each his own.

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                              > Hello & Thank You for your input !
                              >
                              > I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one
                              way or another. From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is
                              "Almost There" come true. It shouldn't be really difficult; and I
                              believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and
                              promoting their own business customers etc.

                              > Regards,
                              > Ed VA

                              search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                            • fiction_scribe
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                                Why not just use Yahoo! Bookmarks?
                                http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/
                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                > Hi...
                                >
                                > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
                                button
                                > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                                >
                                > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                                > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                                >
                                > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
                                more
                                > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                                > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or
                                at
                                > all ?
                                >
                                > Thanks !
                                >
                                > Ed VA

                              • fiction_scribe
                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                                  If one switches to Digest instead of Individual Messages, one will
                                  only see one font face in one font size. (One would also see that
                                  font face and size when replying via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                                  Mail.)

                                  Also in IE - Edit >> View >> Text Size >> Largest, Larger, Medium,
                                  Smaller, or Smallest

                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                  > I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume
                                  that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

                                • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Sep 5, 2007
                                    But today's browers don't come with a means to transfer all of your bookmarks and other features over the Internet to whatever computer you are using. As long as I am use different machines with different browers in different places, I will have a need for Yahoo Toolbar.

                                    Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
                                    bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet