Re: [Y-Mail] ToolBar Settings Button Editing

  • Karen Pierce
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
      I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.
      KP

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
        Sorry about that. I'm new to this; and thought that because it was
        found in the Yahoo Mail Beta Page, that it was appropriate.

        What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
        I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
        website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

        Thanks Again !
        Ed VA

        > This isn't the place to ask about that. Please contact Yahoo
        Support.

        > Ed wrote:
        > > Hi...
        > >
        > > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
        button
        > > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
        > >
        > > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to
        my
        > > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
        > >
        > > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
        more
        > > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do
        this
        > > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon
        or at
        > > all ?
        > >
        > > Thanks !
        > >
        > > Ed VA
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ed Vasquez
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
          Thank You !!!

           I'll give it a try.  I was wondering why they'd only make 1 extra button available.

          Ed VA

          On the toolbar, click on the little arrow beside the tool bar settings icon. Select add/eddit buttons. One ot the tabs on the next screen says Make a Button. I have used this to add 5 buttons to my toolbar.

          Brent

          On 9/2/07, Ed <edv7028@yahoo. com> wrote:
          Hi...

          Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
          on the Yahoo Toolbar ?

          Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
          specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.

          I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
          additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar.  Is there a way to do this
          that I haven't seen yet ?  Will this feature be implemented soon or at
          all ?

          Thanks !

          Ed VA

          Yahoo! Groups Links

             http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/

             http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join

             mailto:Y-Mail-digest@ yahoogroups. com
             mailto:Y-Mail-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

             http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        • Sasafrass

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
              Nahhh... didn't work.  The only options available to me were under...
              "Other/Personal_Name#" (But there were 2 of them open to me)
              I'd like at least 1 or 2 more.

              Thanks Anyway !

              Ed VA

[...]

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
            • Ryan Kennedy
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:
                > What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
                > I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
                > website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

                It's a privacy setting. You can set whether or not you want your Messenger status to appear
                on the website. In your case, it's likely that you have that feature disabled. To change it, try
                the following:

                1) Click on the "My Account" link in at the top of the page.

                2) On the next page, click "Edit/Create Profiles".

                3) On the next page you should see a note that says "Check the box to hide my online status
                from other users". If the box is checked, that means you're hiding your online status. You can
                uncheck it and click the "Finished Editing" button to enable showing your online presence.

                Ryan Kennedy
              • Ed Vasquez
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                  Hi & Thanks; But...

                      I set all those options; and on the Yahoo Mail Beta screen in the upper-left hand corner, it tells me that I'm AVAILABLE.

                      I just doesn't indicate that I'm available on your Y-Mail Website at the time I was looking earlier.  Perhaps it just takes several minutes because it's showing-up now.

                  Thanks Again !

                  Ed VA

                  > What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
                  > I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
                  > website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

                  It's a privacy setting. You can set whether or not you want your Messenger status to appear
                  on the website. In your case, it's likely that you have that feature disabled. To change it, try
                  the following:

                  1) Click on the "My Account" link in at the top of the page.

                  2) On the next page, click "Edit/Create Profiles".

                  3) On the next page you should see a note that says "Check the box to hide my online status
                  from other users". If the box is checked, that means you're hiding your online status. You can
                  uncheck it and click the "Finished Editing" button to enable showing your online presence.

                  Ryan Kennedy

                  Got a little couch potato?
                • James
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                    I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
                    standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
                    autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
                    does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                      Do you really need to use that large a font?

[...]

                      Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
                    • Ed Vasquez
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                            I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

[...]

                        Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
                      • Allan Aunkst
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                          with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or mail,those buttons I use all the time

                          Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

                          I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
                          standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
                          autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
                          does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Karen Pierce" <karen729@.. .> wrote:

                          > I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with
                          Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar
                          back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.
                          > KP

                        • James
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                            I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                            and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                            custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo.com" and keyword y (you can do
                            this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                            can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                            address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                            link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@...> wrote:

                            > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                            mail,those buttons I use all the time

                          • rlb030
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                              It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                              The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                              version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                              experience has been.

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                              > Hi...
                              >
                              > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                              > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                              >
                              > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                              > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                              >
                              > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                              > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                              > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                              > all ?
                              >
                              > Thanks !
                              >
                              > Ed VA

                            • Ed Vasquez
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                Hello & Thank You for your input !

                                    I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one way or another.  From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is "Almost There" come true.  It shouldn't be really difficult; and I believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and promoting their own business customers etc.

                                Regards,
                                Ed VA

                                I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                                and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                                custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo. com" and keyword y (you can do
                                this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                                can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                                address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                                link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@... > wrote:

                                > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                                mail,those buttons I use all the time

                              • Ed Vasquez
                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                  GREAT !!!

                                    Can you tell me how to tell which version I've got; and how to go about changing it ?

                                  Thanks !
                                  Ed VA

                                  It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                                  The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                                  version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                                  experience has been.

                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ed" <edv7028@... > wrote:

                                  > Hi...
                                  >
                                  > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                                  > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                                  >
                                  > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                                  > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                                  >
                                  > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                                  > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                                  > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                                  > all ?
                                  >
                                  > Thanks !
                                  >
                                  > Ed VA

                                  Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                                • James
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                    To each his own.

                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                    > Hello & Thank You for your input !
                                    >
                                    > I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one
                                    way or another. From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is
                                    "Almost There" come true. It shouldn't be really difficult; and I
                                    believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and
                                    promoting their own business customers etc.

                                    > Regards,
                                    > Ed VA

                                    search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                                  • fiction_scribe
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                                      Why not just use Yahoo! Bookmarks?
                                      http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/
                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi...
                                      >
                                      > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
                                      button
                                      > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                                      >
                                      > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                                      > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                                      >
                                      > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
                                      more
                                      > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                                      > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or
                                      at
                                      > all ?
                                      >
                                      > Thanks !
                                      >
                                      > Ed VA

                                    • fiction_scribe
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                                        If one switches to Digest instead of Individual Messages, one will
                                        only see one font face in one font size. (One would also see that
                                        font face and size when replying via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                                        Mail.)

                                        Also in IE - Edit >> View >> Text Size >> Largest, Larger, Medium,
                                        Smaller, or Smallest

                                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                        > I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume
                                        that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

                                      • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Sep 5, 2007
                                          But today's browers don't come with a means to transfer all of your bookmarks and other features over the Internet to whatever computer you are using. As long as I am use different machines with different browers in different places, I will have a need for Yahoo Toolbar.

                                          Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
                                          bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet