ToolBar Settings Button Editing

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
      Hi...

      Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
      on the Yahoo Toolbar ?

      Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
      specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.

      I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
      additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
      that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
      all ?

      Thanks !

      Ed VA
    • Brent
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
        On the toolbar, click on the little arrow beside the tool bar settings icon. Select add/eddit buttons. One ot the tabs on the next screen says Make a Button. I have used this to add 5 buttons to my toolbar.

        Brent

        On 9/2/07, Ed <edv7028@...> wrote:
        Hi...

        Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
        on the Yahoo Toolbar ?

        Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
        specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.

        I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
        additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar.  Is there a way to do this
        that I haven't seen yet ?  Will this feature be implemented soon or at
        all ?

        Thanks !

        Ed VA

        Yahoo! Groups Links

           mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Karen Pierce
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
          I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.
          KP

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
              Sorry about that. I'm new to this; and thought that because it was
              found in the Yahoo Mail Beta Page, that it was appropriate.

              What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
              I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
              website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

              Thanks Again !
              Ed VA

              > This isn't the place to ask about that. Please contact Yahoo
              Support.

              > Ed wrote:
              > > Hi...
              > >
              > > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
              button
              > > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
              > >
              > > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to
              my
              > > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
              > >
              > > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
              more
              > > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do
              this
              > > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon
              or at
              > > all ?
              > >
              > > Thanks !
              > >
              > > Ed VA
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ed Vasquez
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                Thank You !!!

                 I'll give it a try.  I was wondering why they'd only make 1 extra button available.

                Ed VA

                On 9/2/07, Ed <edv7028@yahoo. com> wrote:
                Hi...

                Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                on the Yahoo Toolbar ?

                Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.

                I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar.  Is there a way to do this
                that I haven't seen yet ?  Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                all ?

                Thanks !

                Ed VA

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                   http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/

                   http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join

                   mailto:Y-Mail-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                   mailto:Y-Mail-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

                   http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              • Sasafrass

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                    Nahhh... didn't work.  The only options available to me were under...
                    "Other/Personal_Name#" (But there were 2 of them open to me)
                    I'd like at least 1 or 2 more.

                    Thanks Anyway !

                    Ed VA

[...]

                    Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
                  • Ryan Kennedy
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:
                      > What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
                      > I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
                      > website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

                      It's a privacy setting. You can set whether or not you want your Messenger status to appear
                      on the website. In your case, it's likely that you have that feature disabled. To change it, try
                      the following:

                      1) Click on the "My Account" link in at the top of the page.

                      2) On the next page, click "Edit/Create Profiles".

                      3) On the next page you should see a note that says "Check the box to hide my online status
                      from other users". If the box is checked, that means you're hiding your online status. You can
                      uncheck it and click the "Finished Editing" button to enable showing your online presence.

                      Ryan Kennedy
                    • Ed Vasquez
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                        Hi & Thanks; But...

                            I set all those options; and on the Yahoo Mail Beta screen in the upper-left hand corner, it tells me that I'm AVAILABLE.

                            I just doesn't indicate that I'm available on your Y-Mail Website at the time I was looking earlier.  Perhaps it just takes several minutes because it's showing-up now.

                        Thanks Again !

                        Ed VA

                        > What about the Online/Offline Chat Icon ? Even though it says that
                        > I'm Connected and Online now, it shows that I'm Offline in this
                        > website. It is part of the Yahoo Mail Beta site isn't it ?

                        It's a privacy setting. You can set whether or not you want your Messenger status to appear
                        on the website. In your case, it's likely that you have that feature disabled. To change it, try
                        the following:

                        1) Click on the "My Account" link in at the top of the page.

                        2) On the next page, click "Edit/Create Profiles".

                        3) On the next page you should see a note that says "Check the box to hide my online status
                        from other users". If the box is checked, that means you're hiding your online status. You can
                        uncheck it and click the "Finished Editing" button to enable showing your online presence.

                        Ryan Kennedy

                        Got a little couch potato?
                      • James
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                          I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
                          standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
                          autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
                          does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                            Do you really need to use that large a font?

[...]

                            Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
                          • Ed Vasquez
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                                  I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

[...]

                              Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
                            • Allan Aunkst
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 2, 2007
                                with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or mail,those buttons I use all the time

                                Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

                                I don't see any use in toolbars anymore. Today's browsers come
                                standard w/ a flexible search box and RSS support, as well as
                                autofill, spellchecking, and almost any other useful thing a toolbar
                                does. For me they're a waste of screen-space and recourses.

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Karen Pierce" <karen729@.. .> wrote:

                                > I haven't used the Yahoo toolbar since they "upgraded" it with
                                Norton junk. I uninstalled it, but was hoping to get the old toolbar
                                back. Apparently that's not an option, so my new toolbar is Google's.
                                > KP

                              • James
                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                  I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                                  and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                                  custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo.com" and keyword y (you can do
                                  this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                                  can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                                  address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                                  link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@...> wrote:

                                  > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                                  mail,those buttons I use all the time

                                • rlb030
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                    It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                                    The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                                    version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                                    experience has been.

                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                    > Hi...
                                    >
                                    > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                                    > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                                    >
                                    > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                                    > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                                    >
                                    > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                                    > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                                    > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                                    > all ?
                                    >
                                    > Thanks !
                                    >
                                    > Ed VA

                                  • Ed Vasquez
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                      Hello & Thank You for your input !

                                          I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one way or another.  From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is "Almost There" come true.  It shouldn't be really difficult; and I believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and promoting their own business customers etc.

                                      Regards,
                                      Ed VA

                                      I don't find it necessary to go to the full Y! Calendar page often,
                                      and when I do I click the link from in mail. One thing I do is set a
                                      custom search w/ URL "http://%s.yahoo. com" and keyword y (you can do
                                      this as a bookmark in Fx, not sure if it can be done in IE). Now, I
                                      can go to nearly any Y! service simply by typing "y ________" in the
                                      address bar. It's EZ and fast. Also, in Opera, you can put any URL
                                      link on your standard toolbar as a button ex-Y!Mail.

                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Allan Aunkst <ccwinoh@... > wrote:

                                      > with yahoo toolbar you can go directly to your calandar or
                                      mail,those buttons I use all the time

                                    • Ed Vasquez
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                        GREAT !!!

                                          Can you tell me how to tell which version I've got; and how to go about changing it ?

                                        Thanks !
                                        Ed VA

                                        It depends on which browser version of Yahoo Toolbar you are using.
                                        The firefox version only allows for 2 customizable buttons. The IE
                                        version allows for as many as you want. At least that's what my
                                        experience has been.

                                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ed" <edv7028@... > wrote:

                                        > Hi...
                                        >
                                        > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional button
                                        > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                                        >
                                        > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                                        > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                                        >
                                        > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or more
                                        > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                                        > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or at
                                        > all ?
                                        >
                                        > Thanks !
                                        >
                                        > Ed VA

                                        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                                      • James
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                          To each his own.

                                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                          > Hello & Thank You for your input !
                                          >
                                          > I'm aware that "It's POSSIBlE" to make those buttons in one
                                          way or another. From my perspective though, I'd simply make what is
                                          "Almost There" come true. It shouldn't be really difficult; and I
                                          believe that it's just the folks at Yahoo doing their job and
                                          promoting their own business customers etc.

                                          > Regards,
                                          > Ed VA

                                          search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                                        • fiction_scribe
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                                            Why not just use Yahoo! Bookmarks?
                                            http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/
                                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                            > Hi...
                                            >
                                            > Is anyone working on being able to "Customize" an additional
                                            button
                                            > on the Yahoo Toolbar ?
                                            >
                                            > Currently, there is only one (1) Button that can be edited to my
                                            > specifically selected (and Non-Yahoo) URL such as Sprint.com.
                                            >
                                            > I use other URL's Daily and I'd like to place them into one or
                                            more
                                            > additional buttons on the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a way to do this
                                            > that I haven't seen yet ? Will this feature be implemented soon or
                                            at
                                            > all ?
                                            >
                                            > Thanks !
                                            >
                                            > Ed VA

                                          • fiction_scribe
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Sep 4, 2007
                                              If one switches to Digest instead of Individual Messages, one will
                                              only see one font face in one font size. (One would also see that
                                              font face and size when replying via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-
                                              Mail.)

                                              Also in IE - Edit >> View >> Text Size >> Largest, Larger, Medium,
                                              Smaller, or Smallest

                                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ed Vasquez <edv7028@...> wrote:

                                              > I apologize if the font size offends you; but at my age, I assume
                                              that everyone has problems reading the smaller fonts.

                                            • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Sep 5, 2007
                                                But today's browers don't come with a means to transfer all of your bookmarks and other features over the Internet to whatever computer you are using. As long as I am use different machines with different browers in different places, I will have a need for Yahoo Toolbar.

                                                Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
                                                bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet