Re: Multiple folders open in different tabs

  • amit_1632
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <jakk9406@...> wrote:

      > I third that motion. I have long wanted the ability to open
      anything
      > in a new tab (folders, RSS, contacts, etc). The control for this
      > could be to double-click on items when you want them to open in a
      new
      > tab. With a single click, they could open in the current tab.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fiction_scribe" <rosarium_pdx@>
      wrote:

      > > I second the motion. I have started setting up drafts so if I
      want to
      > > send a message with a certain signature I have it ready to go.
      Now let
      > > us say I want to use one of those to reply to some messages and
      another
      > > to reply to some others. Well I have to go back and forth
      between the
      > > drafts folder and the inbox folder. The only current workaround
      I've
      > > found is to open Mail in two browser tabs and switch between
      those tabs.

      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gpollara" <gpollara@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone else ever wish they could have open more than one
      folder
      > > > on separate tabs (e.g. inbox and sent items to see if certain
      emails
      > > > were replied to, etc...) There are several times that I have
      to keep
      > > > switching between the two, and because of slight delays in YMB
      +
      > > > wireless internet connection, it gets a bit slow.
      > > > Haven't used Outlook for a while, but I don't think even it
      has such a
      > > > feature, but then again they don't have the power of tabs...

    • hotpinkbirds
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2007
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gpollara" <gpollara@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone else ever wish they could have open more than one folder
        > on separate tabs (e.g. inbox and sent items to see if certain emails
        > were replied to, etc...) There are several times that I have to keep
        > switching between the two, and because of slight delays in YMB +
        > wireless internet connection, it gets a bit slow.
        > Haven't used Outlook for a while, but I don't think even it has such a
        > feature, but then again they don't have the power of tabs...

        I wish they could give me the option to remove tabs period.
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 12, 2007
          Hi All.......I'm way behind and somebody probably has answered this....but.....yes you can open Multiple Tabs.....I do it all the time....but you can't do it through Ymail.....you have to do it through your Browser.....just open Ymail in as many of your Browser Tabs as you want and have each of you Browser Tabs of Ymail opened to the Ymail Tab of your choice....and you can switch back and forth just as you would if you had in fact opened all these Tabs in Ymail.....I use Firefox and it's no problem for me....I will say this....each Browser Tab is labeled Ymail......not the Specific Ymail Tab you have opened in the Browser Tab.....but that's really not a big deal....you can come up with a system.....example....your Browser Tabs could follow the same order Across The Top that the Folders are Listed Down The Side in Ymail.....or whatever works for you

          Give It A Try.........Bill

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "hotpinkbirds" <thedeliciouspablo@...> wrote:

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gpollara" gpollara@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone else ever wish they could have open more than one folder
          > > on separate tabs (e.g. inbox and sent items to see if certain emails
          > > were replied to, etc...) There are several times that I have to keep
          > > switching between the two, and because of slight delays in YMB +
          > > wireless internet connection, it gets a bit slow.
          > > Haven't used Outlook for a while, but I don't think even it has such a
          > > feature, but then again they don't have the power of tabs...
          > >
          > I wish they could give me the option to remove tabs period.

        • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 13, 2007
            But that's unnecessarily cumbersome. I bet that most of us want only one window open to Yahoo Mail at a time.

            Jay Bienvenu 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet
            bienvenunet@... flickr.com/photos/bienvenunet

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 13, 2007
              Yeah, that's too much of a hassle and takes too long, not to mention
              it probably hogs recourses. Also, if you operated that way, there's
              the potential problem of doing an action in one Y!Mail page, but not
              seeing the change in the second Y!Mail page, because it hasn't been
              updated.

              Y!Mail has tabs, it's designed to make it no longer necessary to open
              multiple pages of webmail. It would be great if they made tabs more
              flexible so that folders could be opened in their own tabs.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. J. \"Jay\" Bienvenu"

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 14, 2007
                My thoughts entirely...