Importing iCal in Y! Calendar

  • themissinghour
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi,

      I hope its okay asking this question here as Calendar is built into
      the Yahoo Mail service.

      Are there any plans to add the ability to import iCal formatted files
      into Yahoo Calendar? This is used by many applications, even Google
      Calendar, but currently Yahoo's Calendar only imports specific
      application formats rather than open data formats.

      Regards,
      Kenny
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
        This is the Y-Mail list, not the Y-Calendar list!  Take your questions elsewhere!

        No, I'm kidding.

        I don't know of any plans to incorporate iCal formatted files, but is it possible that iCal can export the file to a format that Yahoo can import and move your stuff that way?  Not pretty, I know....

        One of the Yahoo team did mention here a while back that there would be a new calendar unrolling.  I would think that they would want to include as much import/export-ability as possible.  If you want to draw customers away from your competitor's products, you'll get more if you make it easier for them to move to your service.

        I hope its okay asking this question here as Calendar is built into
        the Yahoo Mail service.

        Are there any plans to add the ability to import iCal formatted files
        into Yahoo Calendar? This is used by many applications, even Google
        Calendar, but currently Yahoo's Calendar only imports specific
        application formats rather than open data formats.

        Regards,
        Kenny

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Guillaume
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
          I believe this should be coming in the new calendar... if it is ever
          release one day
        • too_much green_tea
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
            I'm thinking this may be the "iCal" Kenny mentioned:
            http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2445

            The fact that "iCal" is also a product by Apple is simply an unfortunate (but obviously intentional) "coincidence" ;)

            Come and visit our Y-Mail FAQ
            http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1