Re: Yahoo Mail Beta Features?

  • Dave Kronenberg
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3, 2007
      I agree with Jay. I have been paying for Mail Plus for many years but
      for some reason I refuse to pay for more storage in my Briefcase. If
      it was all packaged together I believe that I would pay a bit more.

      While I'm here giving my 2 cents, I would love to get more than 50
      filters. I have a bunch of folders and would like to direct people's
      mail to their folder and many people I deal with have multiple email
      addresses so I have to setup a filer for each address.

      Dave

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. J. \"Jay\" Bienvenu"
      <bienvenunet@...> wrote:

      > Besides, the purpose of Yahoo Mail is to send and receive email, not
      to store files. Like Pete, I do not want to use my email service to
      store and back up my files. Yahoo Mail is not designed to facilitate
      the storing and retrieving of files. And it seems apparent that Yahoo
      does not want people to use Mail for that purpose.

      > There are other good reasons why we prefer Yahoo Briefcase over
      Yahoo Mail:

      > 1. Briefcase has been part of Yahoo for a very long time, much
      longer than the unlimited storage and new interface of Mail. I'd much
      rather use the folders and files that I already have in Briefcase over
      developing a new storage system in Mail.

      > 2. With Briefcase, there is at least the potential to make files
      available to others via a direct link. This isn't possible in Mail,
      and I don't see any practical reason why one would want such a feature
      for email.

      > 3. Briefcase provides the foundation for an online file backup
      utility. All Yahoo would need to do is develop a utility that can run
      in Windows and be launched by Scheduled Tasks.

      > 4. Income for Yahoo! I'm still amazed that Yahoo hasn't figured out
      that if they bundle great ad-free features together on one bill, they
      can and will make a lot of money from people subscribing to their
      services. How many of us already buy Mail Plus and would do it just to
      be free of advertisements? Online file storage and backup is a natural
      fit into such a package.