Greetings from Yahoo!

  • Ryan Kennedy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2007
      Many apologies for having not participated in the group for a while. Things here have been
      really crazy and it's been difficult to keep up. I think I had something like 600+ unread
      messages from the group in my mailbox, that's how far behind I've fallen.

      There are some changes going on right now around my role with the group. Since
      evangelism and community oriented stuff has been taking so much time, the community
      management group here at Yahoo! is assigning someone to take over for me. They'll take
      my spot here in the group. Additionally, they'll also be taking over the ymailupdates.com
      blog. They're full-time job is doing community management, so I'm sure they'll be better
      about staying on top of things than I have been over the last several weeks. That's
      especially good news for the woefully inadequate update blog. Community managers on
      other teams (notably 360, Groups and Messenger) have done a fantastic job, so I'm very
      hopeful that having a true community manager (instead of a part-time community
      manager/engineer) take over will be a very good thing.

      In other news, I'm in the process of transferring to a new project. That's part of the reason
      why I've been out of touch lately. This new project has been eating up all my time lately.
      Additionally, since I'm not working directly on mail anymore it's been difficult for me to
      stay directly in touch with what each of the individual teams have been up to. So, really,
      getting this community manager up to speed to take over is the right answer.

      In the meantime, I'm going to try to be better about checking mail from the group at least
      once a day. You may see mail from me late in the evening (California time) as I play
      catchup. I'll see what I can do until the community manager is ready to take over. Also,
      feel free to mail me directly with questions. I may not be able to answer everything, but I'll
      do what I can.

      Ryan Kennedy
      Yahoo! Mail
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 30, 2007
        *icon:broken heart =(( *
        It was a blessing to have you as our official Yahoo! Mail evangelist for this past year. Hope you'll remain active and help us with questions in the future ...
         *icon:big hug >:D< *

[...]

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      • Tim Jubinville
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 31, 2007
          Yeah, It was really great to have you as an evangelist. I wish you luck with this new project.

          P.S. toomuchgreentea, I think this means an update for the FAQ

          Tim

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 31, 2007
            Done :)

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Tim Jubinville <scientifix94@...> wrote:

            > Yeah, It was really great to have you as an evangelist. I wish you
            luck with this new project.

            > P.S. toomuchgreentea, I think this means an update for the FAQ
            >
            > Tim

          • Ryan Kennedy
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31, 2007
              --- too_much green_tea <toomuchgreentea@...>
              wrote:
              > It was a blessing to have you as our official Yahoo!
              > Mail evangelist for this past year. Hope you'll
              > remain active and help us with questions in the
              > future ...

              I'll do what I can. I will definitely continue hanging
              out in the group, although with my new project, I
              won't be as closely linked to the teams that produce
              Yahoo! Mail Beta. So having updates will be more
              difficult. That's where the community manager should
              be able to step in, though.

              Ryan Kennedy
              Yahoo! Mail
            • Ryan Kennedy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 31, 2007
                --- Tim Jubinville <scientifix94@...> wrote:
                > Yeah, It was really great to have you as an
                > evangelist. I wish you luck with this new project.

                Thanks, Tim. Users like yourself made the evangelist
                work worth every spare hour I could scrape together.
                ;)

                Ryan Kennedy
                Yahoo! Mail
              • Tim Jubinville
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1 6:07 AM
                  lol...what did you change?

                  Tim

                  > Yeah, It was really great to have you as an evangelist. I wish you
                  luck with this new project.

                  > P.S. toomuchgreentea, I think this means an update for the FAQ
                  >
                  > Tim

                  All new Yahoo! Mail
                • too_much green_tea
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1 6:40 AM