Re: Mail not coming in from sender (Yahoo - Please Comment!!!)

  • James
    Message 1 of 55 , Jun 29, 2007
      I just tried sending two test message. One from WinLive Hotmail to
      Y!MB, the other from Y!MB to WinLive Hotmail. The one to Hotmail was
      recieved instantaneously. The one to Y!MB came in 8 minutes later.
      Actually, while I was waiting for the Hotmail to Y!MB message, I sent
      one from Gmail to Y!MB. I immediately checked mail and both the
      Hotmail and Gmail messages came in. Is it possible this wasn't a
      coincidence? Checking message headers, the Hotmail message came in 2
      seconds before the Gmail message. So, my test message showed Hotmail
      to Y!MB messages are delayed, but it wasn't by days. I wonder if the
      size of the message could slow it down more. My test message was only
      2KB in size. Y! should do some investigation and try to fix this if
      the problem is severe. I'm on f308.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Rami Al-Kabra" <roalka00@...> wrote:

      > Does Yahoo! Mail have a plan to fix the email delays? I've had
      > messages from non-Hotmail and Hotmail accounts take days to get to
      > me.
      >
      > As a paying Yahoo! Mail user, I'm not happy with the current level of
      > service.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg48312@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I also have this problem CNN's email alerts. I also subscribe to
      > > receive the Mega Millions lotto results following the drawings.
      > The
      > > delays were getting so bad I signed up with my work email address
      > > see where the problem was. The emails usually reach my yahoo mail
      > > day or two after I received them at work.
      > >
      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "colifis" <gomark06@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I subscribe to CNN's breaking news email. For the past several
      > > months
      > > > it has been basically worthless with Yahoo. The 'breaking' news is
      > > > very much old news by the time it shows up in my inbox, generally
      > > 12+
      > > > hours late.

      > just
      > > hotmail