Downloading Attachments

  • Rob Elsman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2007
      I have a big favor to ask.

      Whenever I get an email from someone with a photo (.JPG)
      attached, I always have to forward it to my Google email account
      to download it, because when I try to download it in Yahoo mail by
      clicking the Download Attachment button, all I get downloaded is a
      little tiny .HML file, not my photo.

      I've tried everything. I even tried downloading a copy of
      GetRight, thinking it might somehow or another get hold of the
      photo and download it. Not a chance.

      I don't want to get into a great big argument about how it
      ought to be, how it should work, how we might want it to work;
      but will someone out there please just go and fix the thing, so
      that I can download the photo--you even did away with my
      upload to Yahoo Photos button--? Don't be so darned fancy,
      but just give me something that works? Could you--pretty please?
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2007
        Not sure why you can't download the proper file, but as far as Yahoo Photos, that service will be shut down soon.

        Rob Elsman wrote:
        I have a big favor to ask.

        Whenever I get an email from someone with a photo (.JPG)
        attached, I always have to forward it to my Google email account
        to download it, because when I try to download it in Yahoo mail by
        clicking the Download Attachment button, all I get downloaded is a
        little tiny .HML file, not my photo.

        I've tried everything. I even tried downloading a copy of
        GetRight, thinking it might somehow or another get hold of the
        photo and download it. Not a chance.

        I don't want to get into a great big argument about how it
        ought to be, how it should work, how we might want it to work;
        but will someone out there please just go and fix the thing, so
        that I can download the photo--you even did away with my
        upload to Yahoo Photos button--?  Don't be so darned fancy,
         but just give me something that works?  Could you--pretty please?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • daynelloconor
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2007
          SAme problem here!!!!

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Elsman" <robelsman@...> wrote:

          > I have a big favor to ask.
          >
          > Whenever I get an email from someone with a photo (.JPG)
          > attached, I always have to forward it to my Google email account
          > to download it, because when I try to download it in Yahoo mail by
          > clicking the Download Attachment button, all I get downloaded is a
          > little tiny .HML file, not my photo.
          >
          > I've tried everything. I even tried downloading a copy of
          > GetRight, thinking it might somehow or another get hold of the
          > photo and download it. Not a chance.
          >
          > I don't want to get into a great big argument about how it
          > ought to be, how it should work, how we might want it to work;
          > but will someone out there please just go and fix the thing, so
          > that I can download the photo--you even did away with my
          > upload to Yahoo Photos button--? Don't be so darned fancy,
          > but just give me something that works? Could you--pretty please?

        • Randy Merkord
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2007
            I had that problem too, usually when someone sent me a photo from a
            cell phone camera. If you open the photo and right-click on it,
            choose "save picture as" you should be able to save it as a jpg file.