Re: Vote to chat with AOL members

  • gk6583
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
      I don't know if you wanted our votes here, but I will whole-heartedly
      vote "yes" in favor of being able to chat with AOL members. I have so
      many people that I would chat with if I was able to do that. I refuse
      to download AIM.

      GK

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "daynelloconor" <daynelloconor@...>
      wrote:

      > EVERYBODY, please vote if you would like to be able to chat with AOL
      > members like how we can with MSN members. I am trin to make this
      happen
      > but I need more votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in
      advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • Nancy J
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
        AIM is part of what soured me on chat altogether. If I can, I will change my vote in the poll from no to yes to help you chatters who want to avoid AIM.

        L8!
        Nancy J
        Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

        "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
        India Arie

        "Truth is anything I agree with"
        www.cindyalexander.com

        http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

        wrote:

        > EVERYBODY, please vote if you would like to be able to chat with AOL
        > members like how we can with MSN members. I am trin to make this
        happen
        > but I need more votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in
        advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • dcross1665
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2007
          I use a chat program called Trillian and can chat with MSN, AOL,
          Yahoo, ICQ, and IRC people from one common interface.

          You should try it.

          wrote:

          > Yahoo! said I needed to prove that people really wanted this
          feature
          > so I am using the poll for that and then I am going to give it to
          > them and people have already voted "no"
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. J. \"Jay\" Bienvenu"
          > <bienvenunet@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I don't see any point in voting on this. AOL and Yahoo will
          decide
          > for themselves whether to work on interoperability. We can take
          polls
          > all we want about this (really, who would vote "no"?) and it won't
          > make any difference until both AOL and Yahoo decide that
          > interoperability is better than propriety.

          > > Jay Bienvenu | jay@ | www.bienvenu.net
          > > 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp

        • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2007
            From: daynelloconor <daynelloconor@...>
            Yahoo! said I needed to prove that people really wanted this feature
            so I am using the poll for that and then I am going to give it to
            them and people have already voted "no"

            And Yahoo and AOL both have hundreds of millions of customers. They are both capable of polling a statistically-significant sample of their customers (tens if not hundreds of thousands) to determine whether the interest is really there in interoperating their services.

            I applaud your effort and desire to take action, but I have a hard time believing that Yahoo really expects one user out of hundreds of millions to prove anything to them. And I have a hard time believing that both Yahoo and AOL really need or want any more evidence besides what they have already collected to make a decision on interoperability. There have been movements calling for one IM standard for many years now. To their credit, Yahoo and MSN saw the value of interoperating, but AOL hasn't. I doubt that they will change their minds any time soon.

            -- Jay Bienvenu