Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Time Filters

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2007
      You are correct ... it is a search filter, and one that only applies to the search widget (not to be confused with the custom filters in 'Options'). Nevertheless, it makes searching for messages with respect to dates now possible in Y!Mb. For example, in your case, since today is May 25, 2007, we can use May 26, 2007 as the starting point:

      May 26, 2007 == 1180152000

      So the search construct is:

      date:>1180152000

      The rest is simple ... take a quick look to check if any of the results is legit, and if they're all spams, use Ctrl+A to select all messages in the search tab, then send them to the spam folder. *icon:winking ;) *

      I agree it'd be nice if it can be automatic, but if 2500 of the 2600 spams you received has a future date, this could save you some trouble still.

      And if you were to do it daily, you don't really need to go through the whole javascript bit. Just add 86400 (24x60x60secs) to yesterday's number and you are good to go.

      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      From:s with no name that I want to block. There's no way to block
      e-mail From: blank.